PDA

View Full Version : FP+ at midnight?

BklynChick
10-01-2014, 09:36 PM
So I figured I would select my FP+ when I got up for work (6am Eastern) but now I feel like I have to stay up and do it at midnight...thoughts? I am NOT trying for A&E but I do want 7DMT (but not on first day of trip).

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-02-2014, 09:00 AM
I'd vote no, that you don't have to be on right at 12:01am, but then ... I am a person who did stay up since it would have driven me crazy knowing that I could have booked earlier if something turned out not to be available.

Fangorn
10-02-2014, 09:25 AM
We started our trip yesterday. When our window opened 60 days ago, I made a few FP+ just to see. Wasn't interested in A&E, but did want 7DMT. No problem at all even though i wasn't online right at midnight. In fact, i kept looking over the course of the next few days and everything was available, including A&E for several days. 7DMT still pops up every once in awhile (cancelations i assume).

So no, i don't think you need to stay up to book your FP+. They'll be there in the morning.

Steve

disneymom15
10-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Our trip starts Nov 8, I was online at 12:00 ET and Mine train was not available for our first day. Did have availability on other days though...

natedog24
10-03-2014, 12:48 AM
Like everything else, the earlier on you try, the better off you'll be. If you can live with not getting your "ideal" fastpasses, then wait a little bit. If you'll be crushed if there's no 7dmt left, then I'd go on at 12AM to ensure you get what you want for when you want it.
Odds are, you'll be fine a few hours later, but you never know. They may only have them for morning and you want night...
Good luck!

BklynChick
10-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback! Leaning towards a late night...Will let you know what happens.

BklynChick
10-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Ok, to answer my own question...stay up until midnight!!

MDE unlocked the FP+ precisely at midnight, and it was a pretty smooth process. I got everything I wanted with two exceptions:

- Wishes was gone as soon as I got to the MK page. It was literally about 12:02PM.

- This one was a bit of a surprise: I could not get a morning FP+ for Soarin. Earliest was 12:30PM and by then, I want to be in WS. I took it at first, but then early this morning I switched it to Illuminations.

Of course, after fighting to stay awake until midnight, by the time I finished I was so wired that I couldn't fall asleep right away!

PopPhan
10-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Ok, to answer my own question...stay up until midnight!!

MDE unlocked the FP+ precisely at midnight, and it was a pretty smooth process. I got everything I wanted with two exceptions:

- Wishes was gone as soon as I got to the MK page. It was literally about 12:02PM.

- This one was a bit of a surprise: I could not get a morning FP+ for Soarin. Earliest was 12:30PM and by then, I want to be in WS. I took it at first, but then early this morning I switched it to Illuminations.

Of course, after fighting to stay awake until midnight, by the time I finished I was so wired that I couldn't fall asleep right away!

For the ones you didn't get or couldn't get a time you liked.....How far into your trip were the days you tried to schedule? Could they have overlapped, or been overlapped by, others who were already into their trip or near the end of their trip?

On a side note.....Maybe Disney ought to think about keeping "x" number of FP+ slots open for exactly 60 days from the current date. That would allow more availability for those whose 60 day envelope was just beginning without worrying about people in the middle of their trip having taken all the available FP+ options for the day already. (Yeah, that was a run on sentence that ended up eating itself like Ouroboros!!)

Fangorn
10-09-2014, 10:49 AM

- This one was a bit of a surprise: I could not get a morning FP+ for Soarin. Earliest was 12:30PM and by then, I want to be in WS.

While it could well be that they were indeed all gone, there are some things I've noticed. There may not be a showing of Wishes on the night you want. If there's a party that night there is no Wishes, so no FP+. It also appears that they may not do FP+ for all performances of Wishes. That's just an observation - I don't know that for a fact.

As for Soarin'... same thing happened to me. I took the later time that was offered, and then was able to change it to a time I preferred. This has happened pretty much every day with something. My strategy had become - take what they offer and change later. With the exception of 7dmt, I've always been able to change times (and usually attractions) to something I actually want. Pretty sure Disney is using the system to push people onto attractions and times that are in Disney's best interest, not yours. Most people will just take what's offered.

Steve

BklynChick
10-13-2014, 04:23 PM
For the ones you didn't get or couldn't get a time you liked.....How far into your trip were the days you tried to schedule? Could they have overlapped, or been overlapped by, others who were already into their trip or near the end of ots open for exactly 60 days from the current date.)

They were two or three days into my trip so absolutely there could have been overlap. No issues for my first day. Coincidence? Maybe not...