PDA

View Full Version : Make Your Holidays Sparkle With This Disney’s Hollywood Studios Frozen Holiday Premiu

Hammer
10-01-2014, 03:07 PM
From the Disney Parks blog-

Make Your Holidays Sparkle With This Disney’s Hollywood Studios Frozen Holiday Premium Package

posted on October 1st, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

For the first time in forever, guests can experience “Frozen” fun during the holiday season at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, thanks to the new Frozen Holiday Premium Package.

Offered November 7 – 19, November 21 – December 9 and December 11 – January 4, 2015, this package includes reserved seating for a performance of “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” at the Premiere Theatre, and reserved Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights viewing and Frozen-themed dessert party (which will feature mini Anna cupcakes and mini Elsa cupcake, among other delicious treats) in the evening, and a holiday themed lithograph and “Frozen” pin.

The package costs $89 per adult and $59 per child (ages 3 – 9), plus tax (gratuity is included). Valid theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required and is not included in this package price.

For more details, or to book, please call 407-939-1854.

PirateLover
10-02-2014, 12:07 AM
The pricing on this seems crazy to me. :jaw:Over the summer, they were charging $59 for adults and $34 for children and if I remember correctly, you got refreshments and special viewing for the welcome procession, reserved seating for the Sing-A-Long, and then a desert party and special viewing area for fireworks. I believe there was also a special pin.

Now they've upped the price for adults by $30 and you are getting even less! And really- Reserved viewing area for Osborne Lights? How is that going to work? Part of the experience of the lights is actually wandering around and taking it all in, not just standing in one place. You are essentially paying for a guaranteed spot at a free show, some cupcakes, and a lithograph. At least throw a character in there or something. Doesn't have to be A&E, it could just be Kristoff.

I have been trying to take the approach of "Hey, not for me, but if there's an audience who wants to pay, who can blame them" with all of these events, but this just seems like milking a fan base to the last drop. At least make it something worth the price.

ransam
10-02-2014, 03:28 AM
dumb question

I thought these were things you can do for free (besides the treats), so we have to pay to do the frozen sing along and to go to Osborne lights?

Melanie
10-02-2014, 05:24 AM
I have been trying to take the approach of "Hey, not for me, but if there's an audience who wants to pay, who can blame them" with all of these events, but this just seems like milking a fan base to the last drop. At least make it something worth the price.

Couldn't agree more, Maryanne.

PirateLover
10-02-2014, 10:10 AM
dumb question

I thought these were things you can do for free (besides the treats), so we have to pay to do the frozen sing along and to go to Osborne lights?

No, you do not! They are both free with admission. This gets you "reserved seating" which I kind of get with the song a long, but not for Osborne Lights.

Hammer
10-02-2014, 12:44 PM
No, you do not! They are both free with admission. This gets you "reserved seating" which I kind of get with the song a long, but not for Osborne Lights.

Unless they try something like having a showing of the Osborne Lights 30 minutes before opening it to the general public. Close off the street and only people with the premium package ticket can get into the area.

I am not saying they should do this, but I can see them doing something like that.

PirateLover
10-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Unless they try something like having a showing of the Osborne Lights 30 minutes before opening it to the general public. Close off the street and only people with the premium package ticket can get into the area.

I am not saying they should do this, but I can see them doing something like that.

Good point. That's really the only thing that makes sense.

Tekneek
10-03-2014, 04:00 PM
We will have to wait for reports to come in from people who actually pay to play. On the face of it, this looks like another one where people will be unhappy at the end of the night.