PDA

View Full Version : AK villas vs. BC villas

tjstrike
09-30-2014, 03:19 AM
Little survey here for everyone, I have the points to do 2 stays next year, 1 in May and 1 in December. Would you do a 1 bedroom at BCV and then a 2 bedroom at AKV or do the 2 bedroom at AKVs twice ? Same amount of points. There"s 5 of us, my wife and I and 3 teenagers. (18,16 & 14)

mgmnut
09-30-2014, 06:39 AM
Seeing you are going just 7 months apart I said BCV and the AKV so you get 2 different experiences. Can you fit all 5 comfortably in a 1BR at BCV?

tjstrike
09-30-2014, 07:05 AM
Seeing you are going just 7 months apart I said BCV and the AKV so you get 2 different experiences. Can you fit all 5 comfortably in a 1BR at BCV?

They say it will accommodate 5, you just have to provide bedding for the 5th person.

Pirate Granny
09-30-2014, 08:07 AM
There is no bed at BCV, you have to provide that TOO! But I vote BCV for the pool for the kids.

TheDuckRocks
09-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Oops, I voted for the wrong one.
I would do AKL both times at Kadani Village. Personally with 3 teenagers I would want the 3 bathrooms that come with the 2 bedroom villas there. Kadani also has a great pool area.

Aurora
09-30-2014, 11:07 AM
If you like being able to walk to Epcot and walk or take the boat to Disney Studios, and you don't mind having three in the king bed or bringing a blow-up mattress, stay at BCV. The BCV 1-bedroom has two beds: a king bed and a queen pull-out couch, and it has one bathroom.

If you like having beds for everyone (2-bedrooms at AKV have five beds: a king, a pull-out coach and pull-out chair, and either two queens or a queen and another pull-out), stay at AKV. Also, you'll have three bathrooms with a 2-bedroom at AKV.

We have three kids and stayed in a 1-bedroom at BLT. We LOVED having the extra pull-out chair and the extra bathroom.

pox24
10-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Although the AKL are wonderful and having spent a week in a 2BR dedicated, I would still opt for the BCV with the split stay. More convenient to two parks, more close by dining choices and much more entertainment within walking distance.:thumbsup:

Checkers
10-03-2014, 11:47 PM
I didn't vote for BCVs because I really think having 5 in the room would be really tight. Although Stormalong Bay is wonderful and the location to two parks is great, the sleeping arrangements (and one bathroom) would be a deal breaker for me.