PDA

View Full Version : Soarin FL Version

baldburke
09-29-2014, 10:32 PM
Any updates on when the FL version of Soarin might debut? I can't imagine it would require much lead time, but there still is no official announcement yet...right?

ransam
09-30-2014, 02:12 AM
I didn't know they were doing a Florida one. I know they have been rumors about doing an around the world soarin at both parks.

Strmchsr
09-30-2014, 07:29 AM
They have finished the filming but there's no announcement on when it will be released. There's a good bit of internal discussion right now about redoing the theaters and expanding it before putting in the new film. It's not just Florida, though. It's going to be Soarin around the World.

Melanie
09-30-2014, 08:09 AM
Thank goodness it's not just Florida. I love Florida, but yeah, not enough there to support something like this, IMO.

Katzateer
09-30-2014, 08:51 AM
Thank goodness it's not just Florida. I love Florida, but yeah, not enough there to support something like this, IMO.

I agree- my heart sank a little when I saw the Soarin over FL. That would not be a good change.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
09-30-2014, 11:00 AM
I am hearing they aren't going to expand Soarin'. Why spend money on something successful, when they have other attractions that need a lot of attention?

natedog24
09-30-2014, 05:25 PM
I am hearing they aren't going to expand Soarin'. Why spend money on something successful, when they have other attractions that need a lot of attention?

Makes sense to me. I can't see them changing something successful that consistently has a 60+ minute wait all day in a park where there are really only 2 attractions that bring in that type of draw. They have a lot bigger fish to fry in EPCOT...

DizneyFreak2002
09-30-2014, 06:31 PM
With the way they love to shoehorn characters where they don't belong, I'm surprised they didn't decide to retheme Soarin to Planes...

Terra
09-30-2014, 07:49 PM
I love "armchair" traveling, and can't wait to see the new film they have in store! I open to whatever they do!

baldburke
10-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Will it be more like Star Wars where there are multiple scenarios?

Strmchsr
10-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Will it be more like Star Wars where there are multiple scenarios?

No. Just an updated movie.

mcjaco
10-01-2014, 03:40 PM
With the way they love to shoehorn characters where they don't belong, I'm surprised they didn't decide to retheme Soarin to Planes...

LOL!

I'm still not sure why Soarin' gets the love it gets. I think it's a total bore...and to wait that long for it? Ridiculous.

Zawadi
10-02-2014, 04:21 PM

Don't jest! In California, the loop shown at the boarding gate does contain characters from Planes 2

DizneyFreak2002
10-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Don't jest! In California, the loop shown at the boarding gate does contain characters from Planes 2
So does the one in WDW ;)

DizneyFreak2002
10-02-2014, 04:26 PM
LOL!

I'm still not sure why Soarin' gets the love it gets. I think it's a total bore...and to wait that long for it? Ridiculous.
For me, the music is fantastic... But this ride is a once or twice and I've had enough kind of attraction... Yea, nice the first time, OK the second, and why did I waste my time the third time...

But, with a park with little good things to do, Soarin's wait times are over inflated... Fix Imagination, fix Energy, do something worth while with Wonders of Life, and you'll see the demand for Test Track and Soarin decrease... But no, that would be the common sense thing to do.. Instead, they are looking to build a new theater, as if that would solve all of Epcot's woes... And there are many...

Fangorn
10-02-2014, 06:51 PM
So does the one in WDW ;)

I was there twice yesterday. "Planes" was not a part of the pre-show video loop. But it was in California in June.

Steve

texas211
10-03-2014, 02:14 PM
I was at WDW last week, and didn't see any planes. Funny, i was in DCA in May and must have just missed it.

That being said, I'm surprised they aren't inserting some Frozen into it, as they have everything else.

I'll just be glad the video will be HD/crisp, and not have the "static" with the older tech.

A new search for hidden mickeys!

DizneyFreak2002
10-03-2014, 10:11 PM
I was there twice yesterday. "Planes" was not a part of the pre-show video loop. But it was in California in June.

Steve
I was there in October of last year, and the characters were part of the pre-show loop... So, unless they removed them since, they were there...

Isabella
10-04-2014, 05:48 PM
No. Just an updated movie.

We went on the Undiscovered Future World tour and our guide (of 25 years a CM) said the new movie was digital (so no more "dust specs" floating) and would be able to do different scenarios pulling from all the footage taken. Also said they plan on building 2 more theaters because they underestimated the popularity of it.

Strmchsr
10-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Also said they plan on building 2 more theaters because they underestimated the popularity of it.

That is in discussion, certainly. It remains to be seen if they greenlight the money for it with so many other projects needing attention and all the money they're throwing at Frozen Norway.

texas211
10-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Maybe the planes thing was only there for the movie releases or something. But I was there last sept, and last week. No planes.

That being said, I'd be thankful for any insert other than Frozen.

I hope the new digital version and increase in capacity is true.

Isabella
10-04-2014, 07:56 PM
That is in discussion, certainly. It remains to be seen if they greenlight the money for it with so many other projects needing attention and all the money they're throwing at Frozen Norway.

Thanks for the clarification Chris! Trust the intercot powers that be to be in the know! Don't ever want John saying, "I told you so!":mickey:

Eric87
10-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Hopefully the update will contain all new smells. Soarin isn't the greatest ride but smells and music made it for me. Other attractions definitely need more help, but an update to a film that desperately needs an update is good enough for me.

texas211
10-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Just hopefully not any Stitch type smells. :)