PDA

View Full Version : Help getting around.....

tink03
09-28-2014, 08:59 PM
Hi all! I need to know how do I get my party of 5 from Port Orleans Riverside to our breakfast reservation at Trails End Restaurant??? We need to be there by 850 am is this possible or should I cancel??

POR 2014
CS
CB
POR

wdwfansince75
09-28-2014, 09:03 PM
The bus to MK should be running by 8...go to MK and take the boat back to Ft. Wilderness....short walk from landing to Trails End...If you catch the first POR-MK bus, you should make it.

faline
09-29-2014, 09:30 AM
Buses to the Magic Kingdom start running as early as 7 for folks who have pre-park-opening reservations. Yes, at the Magic Kingdom, take the boat to Fort Wilderness - Trail's End is just a short walk from the pier. You should have no problem getting to an 8:50 a.m. reservation.

Janmac
09-29-2014, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't cancel - cuz this is one of our favorite restauants - but you may want to be aware that on a regular opening day at MK, the boat from MK to FW starts running at 8:30 am. If this seems like cutting it close, there is an alternative, other than taxi to the Outpost and internal Fort Wilderness bus.

The launch that runs between FW, the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge starts running at 6:45 am.

Buses to MK start at 7 am tho we have waited til almost 7:30 for the first one to show.

You can get an MK bus, short stroll to the Contemporary and out to the boat dock for the launch which first goes to Wilderness Lodge before continuing on to FW.

Jan

MizMissy
09-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Also, sometimes for an early morning (before park opening), the POR bus may drop you off at Contemporary. But, if not, it is a short walk to the Contemporary from MK (although the boat launch in in the far back of the Contemporary, past the pool).