PDA

View Full Version : Just returned

zoopop
09-26-2014, 10:57 AM
Hadn't been to Disney World in 4 years and this was our first trip w/ our 3.5 yr old. Stayed at the Bay Lake Towers for 6 nights. Here is a brief report:

Good Things
-Had a great stay.

-Riding rides w/ 3.5 yr old was a blast. Getting him on Splash Mountain and seeing him smile from ear to ear is just priceless.

-Food & overall service was excellent. Was blown away by Via Nopoli & California Grill. Cast Members were very attentive.

-Food & Wine was awesome. Never been and I could make a trip just for that.

-Halloween Party was a great time. It did rain for a few hrs but we toughed it out.

Not So Great Things

-Florida Humidity. I'm from TX & the humidity mixed w/ crowds/theme parks just doesn't do it for me. Told my wife were never coming to Disney World from March - Sept.

-Crowds. We usually go during Dec & it just felt crowded everywhere we went. Someone told me the free dining & vacation/summer for Europe/South America is going on. Overall it felt very crowded. The major attractions were 30-70 minute waits. There was a line running outside for Pecos Bill during lunch.

Overall it was a excellent trip. Even looked into DVC but I think I would rather rent points or buy used points.

faline
09-26-2014, 11:11 AM
It's so much fun to introduce a child to Disney World! Overall, sounds like it was a terrific trip! Thanks for the report!

Strmchsr
09-26-2014, 12:11 PM
-Crowds. We usually go during Dec & it just felt crowded everywhere we went. Someone told me the free dining & vacation/summer for Europe/South America is going on. Overall it felt very crowded. The major attractions were 30-70 minute waits. There was a line running outside for Pecos Bill during lunch.

Sounds like a great trip. We were there last week and the crowds weren't too bad comparatively, but we go multiple times a year and have gotten used to the year round crowds now. Honestly, Dec is now a LOT more crowded than what you've just experienced. Every year the crowds are going up and you just have to deal with it.

zoopop
09-26-2014, 12:19 PM
I think alot of the crowd dealings was utilizing a stroller now, lol. It would be just the 2 of us but now were 3. Maneuvering a stroller & tending to a 3.5 yr old at Disney is an adventure in itself.

And our first dinner was Chef Mickey's which was me & my wife's 1st character dinner. Now that was an eye opener. Haha

Oh, and the 'Circus' area of the new fantasy land is awesome. So well themed.

disneymom15
09-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Sounds like you had a great time.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-26-2014, 04:26 PM
Sounds like a good trip

princessgirls
09-30-2014, 11:55 AM
A great trip in spite of the heat.

I agree...that heat and humidity just wears you out!

Thanks for sharing!
Julie:mickey:

MrPeetrie
10-01-2014, 06:28 AM
There's nothing like seeing your kids' eyes light up at Disney. Glad you had a "Magical" trip.

k10
10-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Nice report. Glad you enjoyed! :mickey:

deedee73
10-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Glad to hear about ur recent trip. We too are planning our first Disney World trip since 2007. This will be the first trip with our son who at the time of our planned trip will be nearly 3. Any advice for the transition bw adult & family would be very very helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks

baldburke
10-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Good report...glad you had fun! "Quiet times" are few and far between anymore, but can you blame Disney? Fall used to be a great time to go, but there is indeed an influx of people from Europe and South America. Plus Food and Wine really bumps the numbers. Throw in some fall holidays and race events and it's down right busy!

vizsla
10-03-2014, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the report.

Lindslou
10-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Sounds like a great trip. We were there last week and the crowds weren't too bad comparatively, but we go multiple times a year and have gotten used to the year round crowds now. Honestly, Dec is now a LOT more crowded than what you've just experienced. Every year the crowds are going up and you just have to deal with it.

Ditto. If you don't like crowds definitely don't go in December. (Mind you, it is insanely gorgeous at WDW at Christmas but to be avoided if you are crowd-averse.)

JabberJaws
10-07-2014, 04:04 PM
Sounds like a great trip! I can see how throwing a stroller and a 3.5 yr old in the mix sort of amplifies the crowd issues. Still, being able to let your child experience Disney for the first time must have made it all worth while!

As others have said, there just aren't really down times any more like their used to be. October, early December, etc. used to be dead zones. Now, it's a year-round thing.