PDA

View Full Version : Humidifier

JanetMegan
09-26-2014, 09:14 AM
Does anyone have a single room humidifier they can recommend that is super quiet? I bought one at Costco yesterday for about $90 a preguardian 120 hour one and it ran quietly but then about every 20 mins it made this "glugging noise" when it sucked water from the tank that woke me up (I'm a really light sleeper.) It sounded like the cat was barfing, no joke ;) So if anyone has one they like I'd love to know!

BrerGnat
09-26-2014, 10:20 AM
There are no silent humidifiers, unfortunately. In have tried numerous brands. They all do the glug glug thing when the reservoir gets low. The only kind that don't do that are the wick style ones, but those sound like a fan at all times.

FWIW, I have that Pure Guardian one from Costco. Going on three years now. They are fantastic. Best I've used.

Solution: Leight Sleepers foam earplugs. I use them nightly. Super soft and comfy. Look for the bright yellow and pink ones. Those are the best.

DizneyRox
09-26-2014, 12:57 PM
You mention one room, but if a whole house humidifier is an option, it's great. I change the "pad" once a year and since it's all in the basement, I don't hear anything. Helps with hardwood floors, etc, not just human issues.

PirateLover
09-26-2014, 02:13 PM
I have a wick style humidifier for our bedroom and as BrerGnat said, it's just like having a fan running. I don't mind white noise as we also have an air purifier in the room as well. No glugging whatsoever.

Melanie
09-26-2014, 04:04 PM
It does sound like a cat throwing up!!! Too funny.

I have a gurgling one and a whole house one. Both have issues (although don't bother me) like are described here.

kakn7294
09-27-2014, 06:04 AM
I have a Pro-Care cool mist humidifier 24 hr one that's for small rooms up to 250 Sq Ft. I can hear the fan run but I've never noticed a
"glugging" so I'm assuming it's wicking style. I think it was only about $30 at Wal-Mart.