PDA

View Full Version : Pixar Expansion Rumours for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Figment!
09-25-2014, 09:09 PM
Several recent developments have supported rumours of a new Pixar development(s) at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

The closure of the Studio Backlot Tour scheduled for September 27, 2014 and permits filed for Soundstage 1 to allow construction through September 30, 2016 appear to indicate a potential footprint near the existing Pixar Place section.

Additionally, John Lasseter was part of an executive group spotted touring and surveying the park today (9/25/13). John Lasseter was actively involved in the development of Cars Land at Disney's California Adventure, so this visit adds some substance to rumours of a new Pixar based project.

Although these developments do not specifically support the circulating rumours of a Monstropolis addition, Car Land addition, or Toy Story Mania expansion; they do substantiate the general rumour of a new development(s) using Pixar characters or stories.

Punchdrunk
09-25-2014, 10:09 PM
This is really interesting news. Thanks for sharing!

Mickey'sGirl
09-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Fantastic!!

BigRedDad
09-26-2014, 06:45 AM
Anything at DHS would be a giant help. This park has gotten so bad there is very little to do there. There are only 4 rides: TSMM, RnR, ToT, and Star Tours. They have a few shows and M&Gs. Beyond that, there is nothing else there.

Ideas they need to take action on:
1. Expand Pixar
2. Expand Star Wars
3. Build up Marvel

They need to add at least 4 additional E-ticket attractions, 4-5 more rides.

yankeesfan123
09-26-2014, 07:04 AM
Anything at DHS would be a giant help. This park has gotten so bad there is very little to do there. There are only 4 rides: TSMM, RnR, ToT, and Star Tours. They have a few shows and M&Gs. Beyond that, there is nothing else there.

Ideas they need to take action on:
1. Expand Pixar
2. Expand Star Wars
3. Build up Marvel

They need to add at least 4 additional E-ticket attractions, 4-5 more rides.

Four additional E ticket attractions?!?!?

I wouldn't get your hopes up about that lol. Maybe they'll get 1-2 over the next 10 years.

disneymom15
09-26-2014, 09:43 AM
Can't wait to hear what the plans are for that area!
Any idea when the announcement will be made!!

TheVBs
09-26-2014, 12:35 PM
Very exciting! :mickey: I'm really looking forward to seeing what they'll do. Another ride would be great. DD10 & I don't do ToT or RnRC, so it would be fun for us to have another ride there.

Roger's #1 Fan
09-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Well, is the tap finally starting to open now that the FP+ debacle has started to wind down? I'll wait to get excited about some new attractions until after an official announcement is made. Cause even then, we are most likely 3-4 years away from anything substantial being done given Disney's current track record.
It is interesting that all of a sudden things are starting to happen at DHS and Epcot given that major work is going on (mostly behind the scenes) at AK and in a big way (and in plain sight) at DTD soon to be Disney Springs.

As I mentioned in the backlot closure thread, would love to see an Incredibles coaster (maybe in time for the sequel?), a Monsters Inc. themed dark ride, and maybe a clone of the Ratatoille ride in Paris. Here's hoping! :mickey:

DonaldDuck1117
09-26-2014, 12:56 PM
So much potential there to make Pixar Place an incredible land and have it be the anchor of the park. Here's hoping Disney does it right and adds 3-4 new rides in that area.

brad192
09-26-2014, 03:43 PM
Can't wait to hear what the plans are for that area!
Any idea when the announcement will be made!!

Given TDO's track record, about three years too late, with attractions that'll make you want to go "meh".