PDA

View Full Version : Which hotel?

disneyluva
09-25-2014, 07:25 AM
Went often as a child. Haven't been in almost 20 years - as we do Florida almost yearly. Which hotel - Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier? How far is the walk from each to each park. I have Florida in my head - is the walk like from the Beach Club resort to Epcot? Longer? Shorter? Just so I can judge. Thanks!

BrerGnat
09-25-2014, 09:39 AM
Disneyland Hotel. The walk is pretty far from both. It's around 1/2 mile. Probably closer to the distance between the Boardwalk and DHS.

Melanie
09-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Went often as a child. Haven't been in almost 20 years - as we do Florida almost yearly. Which hotel - Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier? How far is the walk from each to each park. I have Florida in my head - is the walk like from the Beach Club resort to Epcot? Longer? Shorter? Just so I can judge. Thanks!

In comparison of Beach Club to Epcot, it's indeed longer, but in no way would I call it long. You're at a Disney Resort. There will be walking involved. But the walk from Disneyland Hotel (and/or Paradise Pier) is a pleasant, easy walk through Downtown Disney. No worries!

BrerGnat
09-25-2014, 01:17 PM
For reference, DHS to BWI is 1.0 miles.

BC to Epcot is about 150-200 yards.

DLH to Main gate is 0.65 miles

PPH to Main gate is 0.9 miles

I agree it's not really a LONG walk on its own, but at the end of the day, aftet doing it a few times (assuming you go back to your room midday) it feels just a *bit* too long. We stay at GCH mostly. LOVE that quick walk, especially from inside DCA.

Our last trip was a week at DLH. I was cursing that walk back by about midweek. We do a lot of back and forth as a family. We had intended to mostly use the monorails. The monorails were mostly "down" our whole trip.

NewDVCowner
09-25-2014, 02:09 PM
If you aren't married to the idea of staying at a Disney hotel there are actually several Good Neighbor hotels on Harbor Blvd. that are a closer walk than either of these two options - less expensive too.

BrowncatP
09-25-2014, 07:46 PM
PPH theme park view rooms are great. You can watch the World of Colors from the room with the music playing from the show through the tv. Everyone that has commented is right. You do have a bit of a walk, but it is through their DTD.

Lacy
09-26-2014, 10:11 PM
I would say DLH if you aren't too worried about cost. Either are great as they are Disney properties and a nice walk through DTD. As others have noted depending on what your goal is and how much you actually plan to be in the room there may be better non-Disney options that are actually closer. Much different than FL in that regard - I would never stay off property at WDW but consider it a great option at DL. We prefer on property but that is due to mid-day breaks and spending time at the hotel.

Nekochan
09-27-2014, 01:42 PM
A great good neighbor hotel is the 'Candy Cane Inn' - very clean, great expanded breakfast, and a shuttle every half hour to/from the parks. If you miss the shuttle it's only a 10 minute walk