PDA

View Full Version : Tips for taking a large group

wifey5794
09-24-2014, 12:56 PM
We are bringing the High School band of 127 kids (or so) in March. Any special tips for groups that size?:flute::tuba:

kakn7294
09-24-2014, 03:00 PM
We allowed our students to basically do their own thing as long as they stayed in groups of at least 2 or more. Some chaperones required face-to-face meets but my husband and I mostly just required check-ins by text message during pre-set half-hour time blocks. We had very little trouble from the kids outside of a couple of lost tickets and a lost wallet (that was returned the next day). We stayed off-site and traveled by charter bus to and from the parks. We had paid security guards to patrol the halls of the hotel (they had a list of our kids room numbers and we taped the doors - one strip of masking tape across the door - if the door is opened anytime during the night, the tape is broken and we know that the kids have been out of the room). We had breakfast as a group at the hotel then had meal cards of either $15 or $30 per day for the parks. We also had one group meal at Planet Hollywood. Let me know if you have any specific questions - we're getting to be old pros at traveling with the kids!

BigRedDad
09-24-2014, 07:11 PM
Lots of alcohol!