PDA

View Full Version : construction at WL

joyce
09-23-2014, 02:36 PM
we will arrive at WL in four days. excited but a little worried about all the constuction. we were notified about one pool being closed. I don't think we'd take the time away from the parks to visit another hotel to use their pools. any advice?? is the one pool really crowded??

VWL Mom
09-23-2014, 04:01 PM
The pool at the villas is not that big and it's being reported that it is crowded. If you want to go over to the CR pool you can catch the boat over and back, a nice little ride IMO.

faline
09-23-2014, 06:17 PM
We stayed in the villas during our last trip (in May) before construction started on the main pool We most used the villas pool and found early mornings were not busy at all but, later, in the day, the Villas pool got quite busy even with another option just a short walk away.

pox24
09-24-2014, 08:22 AM
We stayed at the villas last month. Construction no issue at all. The DVC pool was not crowded either.:thumbsup:

VWL Mom
09-24-2014, 09:54 AM
We stayed at the villas last month. Construction no issue at all. The DVC pool was not crowded either.:thumbsup:

Good to hear!

Slightly off topic but I was wondering, since Trout Pass bar is also closed have they provided any alternative other than Territory Lounge?

Mitzie
09-24-2014, 01:25 PM
I seem to recall to recall that there was a hot tub at the villa pool area...yes/no?

VWL Mom
09-24-2014, 01:39 PM
I seem to recall to recall that there was a hot tub at the villa pool area...yes/no?

Yes there is :thumbsup:

pox24
09-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Territory Lounge only, sorry.

DisneyFan1979
09-26-2014, 08:57 AM
I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Villas Sept 3-6. The villas pool was not crowded at all at any time of day. While the resort itself was quiet overall when I was there, I think it could have been quite a bit busier and the pool would have still been OK.

They had a small bar area set up near the fitness club to the side of the pool to compensate somewhat for the main pool bar being closed.

The only, somewhat, annoying fact of the construction for me was that since the main pool area was closed you had to walk inside and through the lobby to get to the boat launch from the villas (ordinarily you can take a path along the right side of the main hotel building and then behind the pool).