PDA

View Full Version : June 5-14 or Aug 14-23 2015??

AirlineGuy07
09-23-2014, 12:58 PM
Trying to figure out what date to go in 2015. We don't want to take the kids out of school so it's going to have to be in the summer. Which dates would you choose figuring crowds and weather? I know it will be hot either dates. Thanks!!

Hog
09-23-2014, 01:33 PM
I was at the world in June, the same dates you listed. The crowds weren't bad the beginning of the week, but got heavier on the weekend and towards the end of the week when more and more schools got out.

Strmchsr
09-23-2014, 02:10 PM
Honestly I think it's a coin flip. They'll be about the same. Maybe the only difference is August tends to be hotter and it's peak hurricane season whereas June is right at the beginning of the season and not much generally happens then. In terms of crowds, it'll be about the same. In early June not everyone is out of school yet and in mid-August not everyone is back in school yet. So you should find hot temps and moderate crowds, but nothing too bad, on both dates.

Katzateer
09-23-2014, 03:36 PM
I would pick whatever is cooler- hot at WDW is no fun unless you just want to spend time at pools or waterparks during the day and parks at night.

faline
09-23-2014, 06:20 PM
I agree with Chris on this one. Both period fall during a period when some, but not all, schools are in session so that might keep the crowds down a bit not not enough to make a major difference on either end.

To be honest, without looking at temperature charts etc., we've found both time periods to be quite hot and humid - not sure a few degrees one way or the other makes a significant difference when you do battle with the humidity!!

Janmac
09-23-2014, 11:01 PM
We went for 9 days in early June 2004 and for 7 days in early September 2008. Both trips we arrived during the first couple of days of the months.

We got more done in September and were more comfortable, temperature wise. We were drenched one evening in September when an outer arm of a hurricane making landfall in Mississippi was sweeping across central Florida.

In June we were drenched nearly every afternoon or evening due to some odd weather pattern that turned the usual short showers into lengthy storms.

I think we were more comfortable in September because after a hot humid summer in central Missouri the Florida weather was easier to deal with. We weren't accustomed yet in June.

We are thinking of a trip in 2016 and considering August.

Jan

LandFan
10-03-2014, 08:18 PM
June in my opinion is less humid/hot (at least the first half. I would go then. However you have a chance at getting free dining during the August timeframe if that matters to you...