PDA

View Full Version : We're Taking the Kids! Pre-Trip Report

BriarRose0708
09-22-2014, 04:03 PM
I'm so excited to get to write another PTR! Here's the cast:

Me! Nikki, 31, last trip was January 2014 for Marathon Weekend
Boyfriend! 35, last trip was to the MK 30 years ago :shake:
Kid 1 girl, age 8 will be turning 9 during the trip, this will be her first time at WDW. Loves Lilo & Stitch, fairies and princesses
Kid 2 boy, age 7, this will be his first time at WDW. Loves LEGOs, Marvel action heroes, Star Wars and Cars

So as you can tell, I am traveling virtually with all first-timers! This will be a quick trip with only 2 park days but we still have some great things planned!

Sunday October 5
We have a direct flight leaving at 11ish and lands in Sanford around 1. I have arranged with QuickSilver to pick us up (yay INTERCOT sponsor!) and we'll make a stop at the grocery store for snacks, drinks and milk before arriving at Caribbean Beach Resort. This will be a first time for me staying here and I'm really looking forward to it.

After checking in and leaving our things in the room (if it's ready) we're going to Downtown Disney for dinner at either Rainforest Cafe or T-Rex and browsing around, getting excited and into the Disney spirit.

Monday October 6
It's Kid 1's birthday! This day is all about her. We have a 8:20 a.m. breakfast at 'Ohana (with Lilo and Stitch. Her dad tells me when she was 1 or 2 she watched their L&S DVD so many times she wore it out!) and then go over to the Magic Kingdom! We have FP reserved for Buzzlightyear at 11:20 and then Pooh at 12:40. Sometime in there we'll grab a quick service lunch and then around 2 leave the park for their BBB appointments at DTD. Unfortunately there are zero appointments available for BBB in Cinderella Castle. Regardless, Kid 1 will get her dream princess makeover like the amazing kid she is and her dad & I can't wait to see it!! We even have an appointment for Kid 2 to get his hair spiked up and gelled. It's going to be hilarious! We plan to go back to the MK for a quick service dinner and then have FP for Tinkerbell meet & greet at 5:30. We won't stay much longer after Tink since we have another long park day planned.

Tuesday October 7
This is our last park day and we'll be back in the Magic Kingdom from opening until who knows when! The goal is be there for the opening show and then go straight back to Princess Fairy Tale Hall for the Anna & Elsa meet. After that we can do what we want between FP times. We have Peter Pan at 11:40, then get lunch somewhere, Seven Dwarfs at 2:40, I'd like to see the new 3:00 parade (but does anyone know what time it starts?) and then Jungle Cruise at 4:05. Dinner ADR at The Plaza at 5:15 and then do whatever. I am hoping Kids will make it til Wishes, especially since they like fireworks and this will probably be the last time I'll get to see it before it retires.

Wednesday October 8
Resort day! We will sleep in, have breakfast and lunch at the resort, plenty of pool time (and adult beverages :marg: for the "adults") and maybe one last journey to DTD for dinner and final souvenir purchases. I am looking forward to spending time at Caribbean Beach and getting to know it as it seems like a really great choice for us as a family. But I can't lie. It's KILLING me to not be going to EPCOT during F&W Fest. It feels unnatural!

Thursday October 9
Our car from QuickSilver will pick us up at 5 a.m. for our trip back to Sanford and then flight back home. We'll be back in NY before lunchtime.

Our "To-Do" List
In addition to the FP reservations we have and plans to catch the Festival of Fantasy parade we (ok, I) want to:
-Meet as many characters as possible. I purchased Memory Maker and am determined to get my money's worth! We also ordered autograph books for the Kids.
-Explore Tom Sawyer Island. I've never done this and I think the Kids will enjoy it.
-Storytime with Belle. Kid 1 (and maybe Kid 2 if his sister does it) would have a blast participating in the story.
-Embroidered Mouse Ears for everyone
-Alex & Ani bracelets!! My new accessory obsession. Boyfriend wants to get Kid 1 and me matching bangles. So sweet.
-Create lifelong Disney addicted kids who will beg to go back every year:mickey:

Thanks for reading! I'm looking forward to coming back on iCOT to write the reports!

faline
09-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Have a terrific trip, Nikki! Sounds like it will be really fun and I can't wait to read about how it goes!!

minnie04
09-23-2014, 10:02 AM
sounds like you have a great time planned. I can feel the excitment in your writing..lol the kids are going to love it :thumbsup:

VacationDisney
09-23-2014, 12:59 PM
You WILL have a blast:party:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Sounds great:mickey:

Katzateer
09-24-2014, 01:00 PM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned and I hope you get many more Disney trips as a family!!

My husband did not go the first 3 trips I took with my oldest daughter. I went with his mom and brother's family( at the time his brother was a flight attendant and another relative worked for RCI so our trips were very cheap with free airline passes and condo rentals under $100 for a week). When our second daughter was born I told him he had to go and he hasn't missed a year in almost 20 years now! Hope your boyfriend and kids feel the same way!