PDA

View Full Version : No FP+ for TS Mania and Mine Train?!?

fifty_x
09-22-2014, 01:55 PM
Hi - first post / question:

I am heading now in 3 weeks and much to my surprise - all FP='s are gone the whole weekend for TS Mania and the Mine train ride.

Does anyone know if they allocate ALL FPs for online ressies - or do they hold some for the day so folks can get them in the park?

Thanks!!

yankeesfan123
09-22-2014, 02:11 PM
Hi - first post / question:

I am heading now in 3 weeks and much to my surprise - all FP='s are gone the whole weekend for TS Mania and the Mine train ride.

Does anyone know if they allocate ALL FPs for online ressies - or do they hold some for the day so folks can get them in the park?

Thanks!!

Those FP+ are gone at the 180 mark. No surprise there.

Some people say that they hold some for the day of, but I've never seen it.

Strmchsr
09-22-2014, 02:33 PM
Those FP+ are gone at the 180 mark. No surprise there.

60 day mark, but either way it really depends on the time of the year. Last week I was able to change my 7D FP to a later time on the day of without any problem. 2 weeks from now there's zero available. So, it just depends on how busy the parks are.

To the OP - no they don't hold FP back for day of. If you don't get it online then there aren't any remaining.

andypooh
09-22-2014, 02:58 PM
Nothing held back
Be there for park opening and make a beeline for those rides

PirateLover
09-22-2014, 03:18 PM
Yup, definitely don't count on any day-of. Keep checking to see if any open up, but bet on not being able to get one, and plan your day accordingly.

BrerGnat
09-22-2014, 03:25 PM
We are also heading down in about three weeks. I don't even have my tickets yet so I can't make any FP+. We are just going to try and ride standby during evening EMH at MK. And everything else we are just going to wing it once we get there. This advanced reservation system is stupid and I refuse to succumb to it.

acetate
09-22-2014, 03:27 PM
To all the folks who keep saying this never happens. It happens all the time now. The good ole days of customer service are slowly being whittled away.

fifty_x
09-22-2014, 03:30 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Guess we were spoiled last year during Beta testing.

This also makes the new feature of adding FP's after you use them (for the same day) kind of useless I guess....

Looks like we will have to take advantage of MKs 1 - 3 AM EMH.....I will be the one riding the Mine Train at 2 AM!!!

Fangorn
09-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Looks like we will have to take advantage of MKs 1 - 3 AM EMH.....I will be the one riding the Mine Train at 2 AM!!!

I'll be there with you that night. Although I do have a FP+ for the mine train late that morning.

And by the way...

:welcome: to Intercot!

Steve

ransam
09-22-2014, 04:42 PM
you can book your FP 60 days out, but what time can you start booking? we are 65 days out and want to make sure to get some of the harder ones to get, so what time can I start booking them? thanks.

faline
09-22-2014, 05:58 PM
you can book your FP 60 days out, but what time can you start booking? we are 65 days out and want to make sure to get some of the harder ones to get, so what time can I start booking them? thanks.

The booking window opens at midnight eastern time.

John
09-22-2014, 08:15 PM
I absolutely HATE this new system. If you want to hear my and others on the staff rant about it, check the past few episodes of the INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast and my experience trying to get any FP+ day of while on a cruise and visiting for a day.

(Spoiler: Didn't happen)

BTW, WELCOME TO INTERCOT :)

Kenny1113
09-22-2014, 10:24 PM
Ugh!!! A trip to DHS is looking less and less likely (after reading this and another thread re crowds at DHS) :(

Fastpasssteve
09-22-2014, 11:53 PM
Also, trying to get FP+ for a weekend is even more difficult. As some have suggested, get to the park for rope drop and head to those attractions first. You'd be surprised how much one can get done first thing in the morning. Yeah, I know it's a vacation, but get up early anyway. You can take a nap in the room later.

Heck, I took a big, fat nap on the grassy knoll outside Ellen's Energy while waiting for friends to join me for dinner on my last trip!

ransam
09-23-2014, 02:50 AM
Thank you.

4disneynuts
09-23-2014, 08:58 AM
I went online early AM of my 60 day mark and did not get a FP for 7 DMT. I was so disappointed. I did get one for TSM and was even able to later switch my time for that one but I have tried every day since to get 7 DMT ones and have had no luck. Guess I will keep trying but its looking like we will have to go the stand by route. :mickey:

fifty_x
09-23-2014, 09:13 AM
This discussion is really interesting....

When we beta tested last year, (at this time), I LOVED it...for a couple of reasons:

1) Planning is so much fun, and thinking about the days ahead of time and what we will do, is pretty awesome

2) The idea of being able to get a FP without having to RUN to TSM for example - is pretty cool...

Now, #2 is in question, while #1 remains.

I am REALLY interested in seeing how making add'l FPs work, once we have used the morning ones up....based on this conversations, there probably wont be much left....so as I said previously, it will certainly make this feature almost useless.

This whole thread, coupled with the 10.00 per head dining reservation is giving me heartburn!!

JabberJaws
09-23-2014, 10:35 AM
Meh, too much stressing over the FP+ system IMO. My philosophy has always been get to the parks early and you can get stuff done, FP or no. We were there on Dec. 30 just 2 years ago, one of, if not the, busiest days of the year. We were at MK, just doing one day at the parks on our way to Tampa for a football game. Anyways, we got to the parks shortly after open (not rope drop) and even then were able to do standby for nearly every major ride in MK, even the new FL stuff which had just opened (minus 7D of course), before 11 a.m. By noon, the park was SO crowded it was unbearable.

But, FP+ or no FP+, people just simply aren't going to slam the parks until 10:00 or 11 a.m. So for things like 7D, get their early or stay late, resign yourself to waiting standby (this time of year you're looking at 45-60 mins for 7D, longer in the middle of the day, considerably less for most everything else) and try not to stress too much! Don't let the super-planners mess up your vacation!

We've never done 7D but have decided will just tough it out and wait, do it once, and be done with it. From what I've seen, it looks neat, but isn't something I'll care much about doing more than once.

Kplaster
09-23-2014, 11:01 AM
I did my Fast Passes on Sunday we are going Nov 20-30th and the only days I had issues getting a fast pass was the 21st and 22nd other than that I could get any I wanted. Kinda interesting to hear people having issues getting the ones they want for at some point during your trip. I'm just waiting to be able to do the BOG lunch FP.

fifty_x
09-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Meh, too much stressing over the FP+ system IMO. My philosophy has always been get to the parks early and you can get stuff done, FP or no.

Agreed.....to a point. For this trip we have 14 people (which is a blast) and having, even a loose plan, helps out a great deal...

I like early in the park....and you can certainly get ts mania and mine train etc done pretty easily....

JabberJaws
09-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Agreed.....to a point. For this trip we have 14 people (which is a blast) and having, even a loose plan, helps out a great deal...

Wow 14 people! Yeah, I could see how planning helps haha. When we go, it's just me and my wife, plus we used to both work down there, so know the parks like the back of our hand, so makes winging it pretty easy.

princessgirls
09-23-2014, 02:22 PM
I went online early AM of my 60 day mark and did not get a FP for 7 DMT. I was so disappointed. I did get one for TSM and was even able to later switch my time for that one but I have tried every day since to get 7 DMT ones and have had no luck. Guess I will keep trying but its looking like we will have to go the stand by route. :mickey:

This is just simply unacceptable! 60 days out!!!!
:thedolls::thedolls:
Julie:mickey:

Terra
09-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Meh, too much stressing over the FP+ system IMO. My philosophy has always been get to the parks early and you can get stuff done, FP or no.

But, FP+ or no FP+, people just simply aren't going to slam the parks until 10:00 or 11 a.m. So for things like 7D, get their early or stay late, resign yourself to waiting standby .

Agree and agree! :)

:pixie: Welcome to Intercot! The happiest place on the internet :)