PDA

View Full Version : What would you do to WOW?

waymickey
09-21-2014, 10:35 AM
If you could change something major in each park what would it be?
For example, I for one am going to scream if they announce another meet and greet. I want more attractions that truly blow me away. I want something that goes beyond my imagination to replace the same old boring attractions at MGM. I want a real theme to that park.

tiggerbuddy
09-21-2014, 07:18 PM
I totally agree...More rides, Less meet & greets:mickey:

joonyer
09-21-2014, 07:31 PM
I it was up to me, I'd replace the TomorrowLand Speedway with a "Cars" themed ride. Part of it would go through indoor buildings (think Radiator Springs at night with lots of neon and music) and with new cars to match all the "Cars" characters. It would be hugely more popular that the current attraction and would not be that expensive to create; just an overlay on the current track.

Never mind that it doesn't fit the theme of TomorrowLand. Neither does the speedway attraction. It already borders FantasyLand, so just make it part of that land. The speedway is one of the oldest, and is the most dated, least imaginative, and lamest attraction in all of WDW. It's basically a 1950's era amusement park ride that has never been really updated and has no Disney theming. Most local amusement parks have car rides that are better. It's embarrassing.

ransam
09-22-2014, 04:24 AM
MK-I'd replace the stitch escape with a dark ride, but fast, not like space mountain fast, but fast that would be themed after Guardians of the universe. I think that would be good in tomorrow land.

Epcot-I would take out EO and go with a new kick bottom 4-d show themed after some of the old Disney movies that are not represented in the parks very much like Jungle Book, Bambi, etc.....you can mix the old movies together into a story that tests your imagination and show that in 4-D

AK-I would love to see a massive petting zoo with lots of different animals you don't see in other petting zoos.

HS-I would like to add a Plane Land based on the movie Planes. Disneyland has cars land, WDW could have Planes Land. theres a lot you can do there like add another thrill ride, or two.

1DisneyNut
09-22-2014, 08:55 AM
If it were me, I would stop ripping out the classic rides and keep them for nostalgia. I don't think they realize parents bringing their kids also feel like kids again when we ride the things we did when we were young. Add to the Magic.....not replace it.

BigRedDad
09-22-2014, 09:05 AM
MK: Get rid of the rides you can experience in a carnival. These were state of the art in the 70s. Changing them over to LEDs or new paint is not innovation.

AK: They are doing Avatar and the night show. Those will be huge. Dinoland needs to change from a midway at a carnival to something much better.

Epcot: Journey Into Imagination needs a serious change. Convert that to some sort of E-ride.

DHS: Star Wars is drastically going to expand there. Marvel will be installed as well. There is too much money invested in those 2 franchises. They are both cash cows. With Backlot closing I see a huge change there.

minnie04
09-22-2014, 09:26 AM
I it was up to me, I'd replace the TomorrowLand Speedway with a "Cars" themed ride. Part of it would go through indoor buildings (think Radiator Springs at night with lots of neon and music) and with new cars to match all the "Cars" characters. It would be hugely more popular that the current attraction and would not be that expensive to create; just an overlay on the current track.

Never mind that it doesn't fit the theme of TomorrowLand. Neither does the speedway attraction. It already borders FantasyLand, so just make it part of that land. The speedway is one of the oldest, and is the most dated, least imaginative, and lamest attraction in all of WDW. It's basically a 1950's era amusement park ride that has never been really updated and has no Disney theming. Most local amusement parks have car rides that are better. It's embarrassing.

I have been saying this for years!!!!! I wish they would listen :D

PirateLover
09-22-2014, 09:53 AM
MK: Get rid of the rides you can experience in a carnival. These were state of the art in the 70s. Changing them over to LEDs or new paint is not innovation.

Just curious, what rides in Magic Kingdom can you experience at a carnival, other than maybe a cheap Dumbo knock-off? If you are talking about the classic dark rides, then we will have to disagree on that. I still think they are awesome and have a great charm, and I've certainly never been to a carnival with rides of that caliber.

In MK, I agree that Tomorrowland needs the most help. Stitch is a great character saddled with a sorry overlay of what was once a pretty cool ride. Would love to see that gutted and turned into something new. I also would love an update to the Speedway.

AK- As mentioned, they are doing the Avatar stuff there. While I'm not a fan of Avatar, it does seem like it will be pretty cool if they can really pull it off.

DHS- Expand Pixar Place, and add more Star Wars. This pretty much seems inevitable. By the end of this decade I expect most of this park to be unrecognizable, and hopefully that's for the better.

Epcot- Future World needs help! I don't see anything happening to Wonders of Life Pavilion since that is now special event HQ, but let's update Universe of Energy! The Imagination Pavilion also is in a sorry state. Captain EO was fun to do once for nostalgia, but I feel no need to see that again (and I had gotten tired of Honey I Shrunk the Audience as well). One of the Star Wars rumors had DHS saying bye-bye to Muppet Theater. I think the Muppets could be a good fit for Imagination. And let's get Dreamfinder back, and reopen the upstairs with an updated version of the rainbow tunnel!!!

Sigh, one can dream.:D

Katzateer
09-22-2014, 11:40 AM
I think MK is in pretty good shape. They did a fantastic job with the new Fantasyland.

AK - I don't think I would change anything. Not my favorite park but the theming is very good. Lots to see and the animals and shows are fun to spend time exploring and watching.

Epcot FW needs a lot of work and sponsors. WS could use more countries.

The Studios need to bring more animation and movie making back. I used to love the old animation building. It was fun to go behind the scenes of TV shows and movies being filmed and be in the audience of shows that were actually on the air. I think MGM is losing its focus.

All the parks still have a lot of wow factors. I realize growth and change has to happen but dont mess too much with my MK favorites. I want to feel Walt and Roy and all the original Imagineers in the park when I visit. That's what makes MK so special.

TikiLounger
09-29-2014, 08:32 AM
If it were me, I would stop ripping out the classic rides and keep them for nostalgia. I don't think they realize parents bringing their kids also feel like kids again when we ride the things we did when we were young. Add to the Magic.....not replace it.

My thoughts exactly! I'd also get rid of the dining plan and bring back all the unique foods that the dining plan choices replaced...starting with the yummy salad they used to serve at Pecos Bill's.

Janmac
09-29-2014, 06:23 PM
MK - we don't feel warm and fuzzy about the Laugh Floor. If we're talking theming, that doesn't fit in with Tomorrowland. Little old LEGOLAND in California has the most amazing robot arm that is a hoot to ride. It's dressed up with a track and IMAX screens at Universal/IoA. WDW needs one of these sorts of rides, themed retro futuristic.

AK - ok for now with Avatar being an unknown quantity/quality.

Epcot - Imagination needs an overhaul for sure. If nothing else replace Capt EO with some sort of multi-dimensional film that utilizes the same sort of permutations that Star Wars has. The Figment ride is fine for little kids - who generally like multiple rides - and apparently Disney is happy with the mini-version of the imagination playground that was upstairs. Something imaginative for adults/teens would be great. Probably better if not tied to a movie . . .

Studios - this park could use more rides, like the two Cars related ones - Mater & Luigi - at California Adventure. They're just plain fun to ride. Add a couple more like that relating to more than one Pixar movie.

We're mostly talking rides here, but many of our favorite things at the World are not rides. The Tiki Room still entertains us and we love Philharmagic. The Conservation Station held a 7 year old's attention for 2 solid hours. Historically, and certainly with the updates, the Circle Vision 360 movies are must do. Updated to include subsequent movies the Indy Stunt Show could again be a must do.

Jan

Jan

joonyer
09-30-2014, 11:11 AM

I get that point of view and some of the classics, like Carousel of Progress and yes even It's a Small World are all-time favorites of mine. I really glad my kids got to experience them. And I mourn some of the oldies that are gone that my kids never got to experience (20k Leagues under the Sea).

But on the other hand, Walt himself believed in progress, and not in just doing the same old, same old, just because they were good at it. " “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

I like experiencing the "new" things at WDW and sometimes the old has to go to make room for the new.