PDA

View Full Version : New iPhone

Katzateer
09-20-2014, 07:17 AM
Anyone else get one? Mine was a not planned purchase. I rarely go to mall but I was walking by a verizon store yesterday and out of curiosity went in. Got a good deal trading in my ancient iPhone and I think I will love the new one.

The one I got is silver and I got a clear case so the silver shows through. Even stopped at Macy and got a little wallet thingie to carry it in for work. It is a Litte Fossil bag with tiny owls all over it.

So much for a NYC broadway show trip this fall. I have spent what I saved for a day train trip.

disneymom15
09-20-2014, 10:01 AM
Which size did you get!!

momef3grls
09-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Went to ATT store with intention of getting a 5S and ended up with the regular 6.. taking a bit to get used to but I am liking it a lot...Some things are better some I don't like but that is to be expected.

Kenny1113
09-20-2014, 05:46 PM
I leaning towards yes...
I haven't done it yet because the stores have been crazy!!! :crowd:

MNNHFLTX
09-21-2014, 02:51 PM
My "space grey" 64 GB was delivered on Friday. I absolutely love it! Being so much larger than my 4s I thought it would be a bit cumbersome to carry around, but it's not at all and the large screen size makes it easy to read text. And the battery life is so much better. I also got a clear case with and orange border. Honestly, I have yet to find anything I dislike about it.

Kenny1113
09-21-2014, 03:36 PM
I can't find the answer to this (maybe that means the answer is no). I know the rumors were that this phone was going to be made with sapphire to make it stronger. I understand that it is not made with saphire, but something else. Does this still make the glass resist breaking/cracking?
I ask because I have cracked mine 4 times already and since replacing it, it is just not the same. :(

VWL Mom
09-21-2014, 05:26 PM
I can't find the answer to this (maybe that means the answer is no). I know the rumors were that this phone was going to be made with sapphire to make it stronger. I understand that it is not made with saphire, but something else. Does this still make the glass resist breaking/cracking?
I ask because I have cracked mine 4 times already and since replacing it, it is just not the same. :(

This is the reason I'm waiting until the facts are in before I upgrade. They're saying because of the size of the screen, even though it's "gorilla" glass, it is more susceptible to breakage. Also, because of the rounded shape it is more likely to be dropped. I've had the 4 for three years now and it's taken a licking with only a small chip on the corner, I'm so on the fence about upgrading. :confused:

kakn7294
09-21-2014, 07:40 PM
I'm planning to upgrade but only to a 5s. I haven't done so yet because I had a busy weekend scheduled and I wanted to see if prices would drop.

DizneyRox
09-21-2014, 08:14 PM
No matter what phone you get, I'd advise anyone to invest in a decent case. Otterbox is my favorite, but Seidio had a decent case as well. I'm a two year trade up kinda guy, and when I pull my old phone out of the case it looks brand new.

Ian
09-21-2014, 08:33 PM
I kinda want the 6+, but I'm a bit worried that the size will be an annoyance so I'm going to go with just the 6. I also don't really feel like waiting a month to get my phone.

Prolly gonna go get it tomorrow night.

AgentC
09-21-2014, 09:11 PM
I ordered mine Friday. I was waiting to see the size of the Plus but everyone was sold out so I looked at the cases instead. The Plus case felt way too big for my hand. I only have a 4S right now so the 6 is a big leap in size for me.

I ordered the 64GB in gold because it was shipping the fastest. I should have it Wednesday. :)

MNNHFLTX
09-21-2014, 10:21 PM
This is the reason I'm waiting until the facts are in before I upgrade. They're saying because of the size of the screen, even though it's "gorilla" glass, it is more susceptible to breakage. Also, because of the rounded shape it is more likely to be dropped. I've had the 4 for three years now and it's taken a licking with only a small chip on the corner, I'm so on the fence about upgrading. :confused:
Just like any iPhone, if you don't have a case that extends out in front to protect the screen, it's vulnerable to breakage. A goods case was my first purchase, and it makes all the difference, as far as a secure grip and a protected screen. Trust me, there is no comparison between the 4 or 4s and the functionality of the 6.

Katzateer
09-22-2014, 07:26 AM
Which size did you get!!

It is a iphone6, 64 GB. I would not want the larger screen- this one seems big for me. I still like it. It is so light in my hand I don't feel comfortable walking around with it not in its wallet holder case. I have had fun playing with the video and camera - a lot better than my older phone.

Where do you get an otterbox? Maybe I should have waited on a case until I looked at others..........

disneymom15
09-22-2014, 09:54 AM
We went to look at them on Saturday. Husband is probably going to get the 6plus.

barnaby
09-22-2014, 01:39 PM
We went Thursday with the intention of replacing my wife and son's iPhone 4 that was due for an upgrade because the 2 year contract was up.
When they asked if we were trading the old phones in, we said yes and they made us a deal we couldn't turn down for the iPhone 6.
We didn't pre-order because we planned on getting a 5S and 5C so we won't be getting the new 6 until October.

caryrae
09-22-2014, 02:24 PM
I got the 64gb iPhone 6+ gold on Saturday and love it so far. I went plus because of bigger screen and image stabilization for the camera only the plus has. I preordered mine through Verizon but would take until October 10th to get here, so on Saturday morning I check the Apple stores around and a few had the one I wanted in stocked. So I ordered it on the apple website to pick up at store and cancelled my per order with Verizon. I've had the 3GS, 4, 5 and now 6+.

DizneyRox
09-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Amazon has iPhone 6 Otterbox cases. The Otterbox site lists coming soon for the plus.

The defender will set you back $50, but considering replacement cost on the iPhone 6 is in the $650+ range, it's a good investment.