PDA

View Full Version : Current costs to rent a wheelchair at the World? :)

Scorpiosammy
09-18-2014, 10:29 PM
Greetings! :mickey:

Sadly, this will probably be my parents last year they will be able to go to Disney due to their age and declining health.

Even this year we may have to use a wheelchair for one or both of them during our stay and have never done that before.

On average, how much does it cost per day to rent a wheelchair? (I already know that if you pay once at one park and then park hop, its "free" at the next park that day).

Thanks for any help ;)

VWL Mom
09-19-2014, 06:01 AM
According to the web site the current cost is $12 per day or $10 per day if you do a length of stay rental and pay in advance.

The resorts do have free wheelchairs but they are first come first serve and some have reported they are not in the best shape.

Mfarquar
09-19-2014, 11:00 AM
We've always had luck and good experiences with the resort wheelchairs and that saved us a lot of money while traveling with family. That said, we haven't used this service since 2006.

However, we also had luck with renting from a couple of outside companies who delivered right to our non-Disney property resort. We found companies outside of Disney did have the nicest models of non-motorized wheelchairs (never rented the motorized).

Depending on your plans, you could always see what sort of shape the resort wheelchairs are in first (say, if you're not going to the parks the first day). Then, if they're not satisfactory, you could setup an alternative for the next morning. Also, with borrowing from the resort - the staff was always nice about letting us keep them overnight in the room without re-checking it out each day, but I am not sure if they still do this.

Scorpiosammy
09-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Wow, thanks guys for all the excellent information :mickey: It is much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Disney4us2
09-19-2014, 06:38 PM
You might want to consider renting from an outside company, like Apple scooters. Are they able to use an ECV?
That will give them some independence. My father used one at his last Disneyland visit at the age of 90.

ransam
10-11-2014, 03:14 AM
if you stay on property definitely use Apple. even if you aren't they are on site and will deliver it to you. It's cheaper than the park per day.