PDA

View Full Version : Live from WL

JanetMegan
09-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Well we are on the last day of an extended family trip. A couple quick notes...as someone mentioned below it is hot hot hot. MK today is the busiest I have ever seen in Sept but this past Sunday for example was a ghost town? Construction is everywhere and for this first time I think for us has really had a damper on things. WL is a mess, with the small pool way too crowded to use and loud jack hammering during the day. MK, Epcot and AK also have a good many walls up as does the Poly. It hasn't ruined anything but it is pretty ugly. The walls at the MK create a way worse bottleneck that usual after Wishes.

We really have had a great trip though, no major issues with FP+, I'm glad I worked on it so much in advance though. Winging it would have been hard.

Last Friday's MNSSHP was great with a walk on everything even the Mine Train (which we have not been able to Fastpass except for months in advance.). Food has been hit and miss as usual with Be Our Guest coming up tonight. Mom and dad really surprising enjoyed hollywood and vine dinner before I arrived last week.

Oh and I'm not a normal Starbucks user at all but those grande frappuchinos with a snack credit on a hot day have been great!

buzznwoodysmom
09-18-2014, 05:42 PM
Glad to hear you are making the most of your trip. I am super glad we decided to take this year off from WDW. Two of our favorite resorts are WL and the Poly, and both are a mess right now. Hopefully by the time we make it back, sometime next summer perhaps, a lot of this construction will be over. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Melanie
09-18-2014, 05:52 PM
Thanks for your report and observations, Janet. I like September for the crowds, but not so much the heat. Enjoy your last night!

faline
09-18-2014, 06:42 PM
They certainly do have lots of construction!! Wish I could move some of the heat to the Northeast where temps are running below normal. Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

princessgirls
09-24-2014, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the report Janet.

Glad you had a great trip in spite of the heat and construction everywhere.

Julie:mickey: