PDA

View Full Version : Military Tickets at the Gate

pixiesmimi
09-18-2014, 11:54 AM
We planned a last minute trip to WDW starting this Saturday for W&FF and because we already had MNSSHP tickets from a previous trip that was cancelled. My DH has been overseas (why we had to cancel the other trip) and just came back so we booked a trip to use the MNSSHP tickets. When I went to our local base ITR to get the 4 day discounted military tickets, they didn't have any more for 2014 and the new ones, which they did have, don't start until Sept. 28th. They said we would have to get them at the gate when we get there. Because of this we aren't able to get any FP+ reservations. :( My question is, can you get tickets at the International Gate in the mornings or do you have to go around to the other entrance of Epcot? We are staying at the Beach Club and usually go in the International Gate. I know that part of Epcot isn't open that early except maybe for breakfast ADRs, so I need to know ahead of time what to do for our first day and purchasing our tickets. Do we have to take a bus all the way around to the other gate or can we take the boat from the Boardwalk over there? What if you want to eat breakfast in the countries before it opens. Can you go in the International Gate? Also, (sorry this is so long) can they link the tickets at the gate to our MB so we can get FPs or do we do that ourselves on the app?

Melanie
09-18-2014, 12:04 PM
You can absolutely get your military tickets at the International Gateway in the morning. Not a problem there. The International Gateway is open same hours as the front, in order for those guests at the Epcot hotels to get in the park.

And yes, they will link your tickets to your Magic Bands.

That stinks about the gap of the older tickets and the start of the new Salute. Apparently this has been brought to Disney's attention and will hopefully be addressed next year.

pixiesmimi
09-18-2014, 12:28 PM
I hope so! With a two week gap (or more) that shouldn't happen. What about the people that want to go and take advantage during that two weeks? The biggest problem was not being able to make FPs. I was so disappointed the other day when I went to get the tickets that I almost cried. We tried Shades of Green but if you aren't staying there, you have to go there to get them in person and they don't mail them. I kind of understand that because of having to show an ID but the ITR offices should keep them in stock until the end of the program. I'm glad they corrected the black out on the 4th of July for MK for next year but this needs to be addressed too. We shouldn't be penalized because of a last minute trip.

So we can go in the International Gate in the mornings even though the World Showcase isn't open that early? Was hoping to eat at the Pasteri (hope that is spelled right) in France for breakfast one morning.

vicster
09-18-2014, 02:56 PM
A big salute to our military families - have a great trip!

Melanie
09-18-2014, 03:05 PM
So we can go in the International Gate in the mornings even though the World Showcase isn't open that early? Was hoping to eat at the Pasteri (hope that is spelled right) in France for breakfast one morning.

World Showcase is open from Norway to France, which includes International Gateway.

pixiesmimi
09-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Oh good! Thanks! :D