PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a senior moment regarding banking points! HELP!

rjmdds
09-17-2014, 05:53 PM
First, I am a very new (1 month)DVC owner. I have done all of my homework both leading up to purchase as well as learning the nuances of the system since my purchase. Today, however, I am having a complete loss of knowledge that I need reaffirmed. It is mostly due to a recent response I got to another question on another board vs. a response I got from Member Services. I really just need someone from here to tell me I'm ok…

So my use year is March. I have 200 points for my current use year that I want to use towards a trip next August by booking at the 7 month mark (February). Member services says I don't need to bank them since I will be BOOKING the trip during my current use year in February. The other response was that I would need to bank them before Oct 31st since I am not using them until August 2015.

I thought I had this stuff down, but I ma getting a little confused again. It is a simple answer I am sure. Sorry if this seems silly, but with my banking deadline at the end of October, I want to make sure I bank them if necessary.

I know here I won't be judged for my naiveté. So thanks in advance!

DizneyRox
09-17-2014, 09:48 PM
Your current use year is 2014, your trip is in use year 2015. You need to bank those 200 points before you lose them.

That member services person made a huge mistake in what they told you. When you book has no bearing on what use year the points are taken from. It's all about the date of the vacation. August 2015 is your next year's points.

rjmdds
09-18-2014, 07:13 AM
DizneyRox, thank you Soooooo much for that clarification. I called member services soon after the purchase with that specific question and they told me I didn't need to bank them. That's pretty scary if I listened to them. Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

Aurora
09-25-2014, 09:13 AM
DisneyRox is correct. That could have been a very costly mistake due to the MS person's lack of knowledge. I would send a letter to MS -- it could have been an anomaly or it could be that they need better training.