PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga or Kidani

PawleyPlatoon
09-16-2014, 10:00 PM
:mickey:

Just taking a poll here. Hubby and I have stayed at Saratoga Springs several times. We really like it. However, we want to know if the extra expense of Kidani Village is worth the price. We are going in January for 9 nights. We always get a one bedroom because hubby doesn't sleep through the night and needs his "walking around" space.

Your thoughts? Is Kidani Village worth the extra bucks?

THANKS!

buzznwoodysmom
09-17-2014, 10:02 AM
If price is not an issue I would definitely pick Kidani over SSR. Kidani is such a unique resort. We actually prefer Jambo House to Kidani, but would still pick Kidani over Saratoga any day. We are not fans of Saratoga tho, so keep that in mind.

Gator
09-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Definitely go Kidani. I've never stayed at Saratoga, but I have friends who have a DVC there and we've met up with them. While it is elegant, it's very "hotel-ish". Kidani is like going to a different country. The music, the architecture, the design. It's all great. We didn't even have a savanah view and we loved the place more than any resort we've stayed at. Plus, the bus picks up Kidani Village first before it goes to Jambo. I almost felt bad that we'd get on an empty bus, then head over to Jambo where everyone there would have to stand the entire trip.

AgentC
09-17-2014, 03:25 PM
I have never stayed at Saratoga but I have stayed in a 1 bedroom at Kidani and loved it.

The 1 bedroom at Kidani is very nice with a huge bathroom. I think it is our favorite 1 bedroom. The pool area is great especially the water play area. The animals are also a great plus.

The one down size is the store is a bit small. The larger store and the quick serve food option are at Jambo but it is not too far to get there.

I would definitely stay there again

GreenBeetle
09-17-2014, 11:57 PM
Well if you are taking a poll here I can add my :twocents: We are owners at both Saratoga and Kidani and have stayed at both resorts. While both are beautiful and have their pros and cons, for me nothing beats Kidani - all based on my love of the animals outside and the beautiful exotic decor throughout. I'm in heaven there!

Good luck with your decision. Let us know!

MyDisneyworld
09-18-2014, 10:33 AM
I have stayed at both a few times and like them each for different reasons. I would say if your hubby can't sleep then stay at Kidani because he can go down to the lobby area and hang out. They have a nice reading room with fireplace and TV. It's a great resort to relax at.
Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Hammer
09-18-2014, 10:49 AM
I own at Saratoga and have enjoyed staying there. If you have not stayed at Kidani I would say to try it out. We enjoyed Kidani when we stayed there, but we have decided it is better for us to stay there when we aren't going for a specific event (like Food and Wine).

ThanxForNoticin
09-19-2014, 12:42 PM
This would be a very easy decision for us. We've stayed at both, and Kidani has become one of our favorite resorts anywhere - not just at Disney.

Enjoy your trip!!

Fastpasssteve
09-22-2014, 11:44 PM
I would suggest getting a DVC room in Jambo House over Kidani. I like the resort and restaurant options better. It has a larger gift shop/supply shop. It's lobby is more grand and elegant and I love the way the flamingoes complain and skwauk when you go down for a late night swim. It also has two hot tubs. The counter service there has a lovely selection, as well. Consider.

Best wishes,
Steve

ThanxForNoticin
09-23-2014, 12:38 PM
I would suggest getting a DVC room in Jambo House over Kidani. I like the resort and restaurant options better. It has a larger gift shop/supply shop. It's lobby is more grand and elegant and I love the way the flamingoes complain and skwauk when you go down for a late night swim. It also has two hot tubs. The counter service there has a lovely selection, as well. Consider.

Best wishes,
Steve

What you're saying is true - but you can stay at Kidani and still enjoy Jambo House, those restaurants, and the pool. We always ask for a Kidani room on the Jambo House side of the resort. It's a very easy walk to Boma, Mara, and the main pool. It's also an easy walk to Sanaa and the Kidani pool - LOTS of good options!

Tigerinvestigator
10-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Another vote for Kidani or any section of the AKL. World class resort.:thumbsup:

PlutoPlanet
10-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Yes, I think Kadani is unique. The animals are spectacular. We do a split stay just to stay at AKL a couple of days.

PawleyPlatoon
10-17-2014, 03:00 PM
These reviews have been very helpful. But I want to stir the pot a bit. Last night I happened upon a video about the villas at Old Key West. The rooms are huge! The prices for OKW are the same as Saratoga. However I have read that it is very spread out and maybe some of the rooms need a refurb. Any thoughts on OKW?

I appreciate everyone taking the time to help me with my decision. Right now we are booked at Saratoga on a one bedroom villa. My main complaint there is, believe it or not, the small sofa in the living room. Hubby can't stretch out on it and the cushions seem very shallow - not deep enough for my legs!

Looking forward to more reviews! :mickey: