PDA

View Full Version : 50th birthday

showmethemouse
09-15-2014, 02:46 PM
Hi I am plan my 50th birthday at Disney and I usually stay at POP Century when I go. I was thinking about staying at Port Orleans Riverside this time . Has anyone stay there and if so what do you like about it?
What do you think I should do just stay at POP or Port Orleans.:mickey:

AgentC
09-15-2014, 04:14 PM
I would stay a Port Orleans. It is a beautifully resort with two themes- the mansions and the bayou. The bayou rooms have a rustic touch where then mansions have a southern mansion feel. You can also choose to do the Royal rooms if you are interested in the princess theme.

When I look at the moderates versus the values, one of the biggest things for me is that the moderates themes give you a sense of being somewhere else. It is enjoyable to just walk around.

Other pluses include queen size beds in the rooms, a sit down restaurant, a lounge with entertainment, boat transportation to Downtown Disney and horse drawn carriage rides. It also has a nice feature pool with slide and jacuzzi as wells as several quiet pools.

I think it would be a nice place to celebrate a 50th. :)

Toodle
09-15-2014, 06:54 PM
I would stay at Port Orleans French Quarter.
We have stayed at Pop many times and enjoyed it. But, our most recent visit which was the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday after Labor Day was not great. Our room was fine but we found the food court to be a zoo. At one point they ran out of straws and had to go to another resort to get some. The drink stations were a mess. We got back from MK about 10:00 on Wednesday night and the place was packed. There must have been a 45 minute wait for pizza! We asked to be switched to French Quarter and it was much quieter.

Katzateer
09-15-2014, 09:44 PM
I stayed in the 50's section of POP on my 50th birthday solo trip.:cool:

We were at POP a few weeks ago and didn't have any problems. But we werent in the food court except later in evenings when returning from parks.

Have a great time wherever you decide to stay!:party:

BigRedDad
09-16-2014, 07:16 AM
Resort = Great
Buses = Worst at Disney

#1donaldfan
09-16-2014, 12:10 PM
I love both POR's. Riverside and FQ. We did the FQ this summer for the first time, Riverside over a dozen times and I think I like the FQ better. It was much smaller but so much quieter and jus more comfortable feeling. :thumbsup:

hubbyofadisneyholic
09-16-2014, 07:46 PM
I would stay at Riverside anytime...in fact we will be there in 2 weeks. :D

Not a real fan of Alligator Bayou area, but the mansions are very nice.
Food court is good ansd even if you aren't a drinker stop in and enjoy the piano player in the bar. He is awesome!

My favorite moderate without a doubt.:thumbsup:

ransam
09-17-2014, 02:45 AM
Happy Birthday and have a great trip.

LorrieP
09-17-2014, 08:19 PM
We've stayed at both. Definitely prefer Riverside. We stayed at Acadian House. The quiet pool was never real busy. The whole resort had a relaxed feel.

We're booked in June at POP only because I wanted to get booked so we could make our dining reservation in December. As soon as I get a PIN code I'll be switching to Riverside!

Hair_Razor
09-25-2014, 11:43 PM
FQ is the way to go if available

FenwayGirl
09-26-2014, 08:25 AM
Love, Love, Love POR...I have also stayed at Pop, but you really deserve POR for your big birthday!

ransam
09-27-2014, 04:01 AM
oh btw, I never voted. LOL I would say POR

FenwayGirl
11-26-2014, 11:41 AM
I LOVE POR...stayed there last May for the first time. Just a relaxing, beautiful resort. If you go there make sure you go to the lounge to see Yahoo Bob...he is awesome!