PDA

View Full Version : Adding a Person to whole ressie

Mitzie
09-15-2014, 01:06 PM
If you are adding a person to your entire package at what point will Disney 'ding' you financially for making the change?

faline
09-15-2014, 01:12 PM
If you're changing to a different room, you may be subject to a different room rate or may lose a discount previously booked. Depending on the age of the person and your room arrangements, you could be charged additional money for an extra adult in the room.

You might also find it difficult to add the person to existing dining and fastpass+ reservations.

1DisneyNut
09-15-2014, 03:19 PM
As faline alluded to, if you have a package and especially if you already have ADR's and even worse already have FP+'s set up, it is extremely difficult to add a person that decided to come along.

I have been in this situation a couple of times before where a family member wanted to go after we already had everything set up and it was pretty much impossible. We would have lost our promo rate and it would have increased our package cost around $1500 or so both times. It would have also been almost impossible to add them to our ADR's. We would have basically had to scrap the entire vacation we had set up and start over at square one. Both times we had to explain this to them and they ended up not getting to go although we would have loved for them to come along. This was also prior to FP+ so that would make it that much more difficult.

This is one of the problems with the packages, ADR's and FP+. It makes your vacation extremely inflexible to changes. I hate all the prescheduling but unfortunately that is the direction they have gone and we are stuck with it.

buzznwoodysmom
09-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Last November we added my nephew to one of our rooms about 3 weeks from our trip. All packages had been paid in full at that time. The package included room at POR with free dining and 4 day tickets. My nephew was 12 so there was no "additional adult per room" charge. All that was charged was his 4 day ticket. We were told that since adding him increased the package total we would not be charged a change fee. If we were taking a guest off, thus decreasing the package total we would have had to pay what ever the change fee is, at least that's what we were told. He was also able to be included on the free dining even tho we added him way after booking for that discount had expired.

Since we were such a big group already, 25 total, we didn't change any of our ADRs. I called Disney to explain and was told that they would still seat us with the additional guest and that it wasn't necessary to try changing all our ADRs at such a late time. If we were going from a party of 4 to 5 it may not have worked out, but with such a large group it was not a problem to fit one additional guest.

I hope it works out for you OP.

Editing to add that I also didn't have any problems getting my nephew FP+ selections to match the rest of us. This was almost a year ago, and I am sure a lot about FP+ has changed, but I had zero issues getting all 3 FP+ for all 4 days for him. I am sure it may be more difficult now that more people are using the system. At the time of our trip I believe only onsite guests were able to use the new system.

#1donaldfan
09-16-2014, 12:17 PM
If you're only referring to ADR's then you're fine. We've done that thing many, many, many times. We typically go as a large family and extended family group and not everyone, initially, want's the same dinning experience, yet every single year someone, at the last second, wants to join us. We have never been turned away or had to wait any longer than a typical wait. Disney has every single time accomodated us. As for tickets, package deals and such, I can only guess that at the time of the change will they charge you, which should be due at the time of check in ??!! Just a guess though. :mickey::confused: