PDA

View Full Version : Very confusing question

Sunshine1010
09-14-2014, 05:08 PM
I have a question for everyone. Not sure how to explain it but I'm going to try my best:

My family and I are AP holders. My son and I have a trip planned in November (hubby isn't going this time). We are using the Free Dining promotion. That requires us to purchase a 2-day ticket per person. We still have our Magic Bands from our previous trip when we added the AP's. We got hard tickets for the AP's.

1. When we go through the turnstiles, do we use the AP hard tickets or the Magic Bands? And if we use the Magic Bands, would it use up the 2-day 'ticket' that we were required to buy?

2. When I link my existing bands on the computer for my upcoming trip, will the AP's be on there?

3. If the required 2 days are on the bands, and I do not use them to enter,...will they stay on there until I use them someday? And if so....how long until they expire? And what if I go on 3 trips using the Free Dining Promotion, would that add up to 6 days that I could use someday?

DizneyRox
09-14-2014, 05:53 PM
If your AP's are on your MDE account, you should be fine using your active MB to get into the parks.

Check if your obligatory 2 day tickets are on your MDE as well, if they are, the you probably want to visit guest relations outside a park a day make sure that your AP is your active ticket. That way it uses your AP instead of the 2 day ticket.

If you can help it, just don't link that 2 day ticket to your account.

You can have multiple bands on your MDE account, it's easy to switch between them.

You can also have multiple tickets on your MDE account. They stay with the account, not the bands. Currently the though, as I mentioned, you need to visit guest relations to change the active ticket. They may have changed that, but I haven't heard they did.

Strmchsr
09-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Just one other option for you here - you might consider canceling that "free" dining promotion and those 2 day tickets. If you're an AP holder you'd probably save a lot more money with the Tables in Wonderland card and a room only discount.

CanadianWDWFan
09-14-2014, 08:08 PM
Just one other option for you here - you might consider canceling that "free" dining promotion and those 2 day tickets. If you're an AP holder you'd probably save a lot more money with the Tables in Wonderland card and a room only discount.
:ditto:

This is how we roll.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Just my :twocents: but I wouldn't want to change a reservation this close to going. Might not be any ap rooms available.