PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break airfare - Week of March 30

brad817
09-14-2014, 04:18 PM
For the first time, we'll be visiting the World during spring break. Southwest's schedule is out already, and the fares are frighteningly high. Many of the Wanna Get Away fares are already gone over 6 months out. My experience has always been these fares will come down, but I'm concerned that traveling to Orlando for spring break might be a different animal. Who else has gone over spring break and what has your experience been with airfare?

yankeesfan123
09-14-2014, 04:58 PM
For the first time, we'll be visiting the World during spring break. Southwest's schedule is out already, and the fares are frighteningly high. Many of the Wanna Get Away fares are already gone over 6 months out. My experience has always been these fares will come down, but I'm concerned that traveling to Orlando for spring break might be a different animal. Who else has gone over spring break and what has your experience been with airfare?

"Spring Break" week is not a national thing.

Basically, spring break can be any week from the beginning of March until the end of April.

In my opinion, since you're flying southwest, buy the tickets now and get a credit back if the prices drop.

That being said, Easter is April 5 (the end of your trip). That might have an impact on the prices.

Punchdrunk
09-14-2014, 09:22 PM
Being a frequent flyer on SW, if Wanna Get Away are already selling out I would not anticipate much of a fare drop.

MyDisneyworld
09-15-2014, 01:57 PM
We went last year for our spring break which happen to be a week earlier than easter and the price for flights were high. We had watched for 6 months in advanced and the price just kept climbing so we used our backup plan and drove. This year our spring break ends easter weekend and the flights are even more so we decided to wait until June.
Good Luck and enjoy.

birdie1410
09-20-2014, 06:09 PM
As for the airfare, I can't say but is there any way you can go another time? The parks are frightfully busy during Spring break times. And with Spring break, there are lots and lots of teens who are enjoying life, so to speak. Maybe you are young and it doesn't matter but for us olders, I don't enjoy that time in the parks as much as usual. Good luck with the airfares!:cool: