PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get jealous?

ransam
09-14-2014, 02:32 AM
My buddy is at WDW now and I'm getting so jealous reading his updates on FB. "At Soarin'" " Eating at O'hana" etc.....
I think I might delete him for a week...lol

but seriously, does anyone else get jealous when your friends are there? I mean I'm happy for them, and I'll be there in 73 days, but right now I am so jealous.

Terra
09-14-2014, 07:43 AM
Too funny!

I only live an hour away and go at least once a month and "I" get jealous!! lol.

There's something about that magic ;)

mgmnut
09-14-2014, 07:52 AM
Normally I may get a little jealous when someone else is there.

I don't think I would if I was so close to a trip.

Remember, his trip will be long over when your is just beginning

TheVBs
09-14-2014, 08:09 AM
It can be so hard. I actually love hearing about other people's trips to WDW. But, I do get this gut-deep, homesickness feeling when I do. Unless we have a trip coming soon, then it just gets me more excited to get there. :mickey:

yankeesfan123
09-14-2014, 08:40 AM
You must not follow intercot on Facebook..

Christine posts pictures practically every day!

Mrs Bus Driver
09-14-2014, 09:06 AM
I am jealous of everyone going, had to cancel my last 3 trips due health or finances. But at least I can come to intercot and get my Disney fix. :mickey:

vicster
09-14-2014, 09:12 AM
I actually get excited when someone is going to my favorite place on earth. I want them to love it as much as I do.

missymouseworld
09-14-2014, 05:44 PM
You must not follow intercot on Facebook..

Christine posts pictures practically every day!

LOVE this!!! I follow Intercot/Christine on Instagram!:mickey:
Thanks Christine.....helps with not becoming homesick....or would that be "Disney"sick????

Lindsey310
09-14-2014, 05:55 PM
My friend just returned today from a week at WDW and I texted her everyday to see what park she was going to/where she was eating...and I was incredibly jealous! 81 days can't come soon enough!

81 days:blush:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Yes I admit it, I get jealous.

45 days to go

ransam
09-15-2014, 02:50 AM
don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them....but I just can't help myself.

I get more jealous when i'm leaving whatever resort i'm staying in and I see other's checking in.... I can't help but think (kiddingly), "I hope it rains" LOL

Susan A
09-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Yes!!!
Then I beg for a souvenir. :mickey:

MyDisneyworld
09-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Funny timing on this topic, my friend is there now and we have been texting back and forth. He hardly goes and I go as much as possible so he is asking all these questions. So yes I am jealous but glad to help out someone to have a great trip. Kind of a virtual vacation for me.

TheVBs
09-15-2014, 04:11 PM
don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them....but I just can't help myself.

I get more jealous when i'm leaving whatever resort i'm staying in and I see other's checking in.... I can't help but think (kiddingly), "I hope it rains" LOL

LOL! Oh yes! That's so hard. Dragging your luggage out while others are dragging theirs in. I don't (consciously) wish rain on them, but I desperately wish we were just checking in instead of checking out.

cer
09-15-2014, 04:41 PM
LOL! Oh yes! That's so hard. Dragging your luggage out while others are dragging theirs in.

We always look at the people waiting for the Disney Magical Express Bus when we are pulling in at the start of our vacation and comment that they are sitting in the "sad seats".

And then all too soon, we are lamenting about having to sit in the sad seats..... :(

HATE THE SAD SEATS!!!!!!

MNNHFLTX
09-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Not jealous, exactly. Wistful sometimes, because I would like to be there and be with my friends and family. But I'm happy for them.

My husband was just at WDW as part of a business trip and a couple of the guys he was with said they had to stop sending pictures to their spouses because they were getting so jealous. I can't relate to that. Maybe it's because my husband has always been supportive of my annual (or sometimes more often) trips to Disneyland or WDW with friends, so I certainly don't begrudge him having a good time there. Plus, the pictures he took were mainly for me, lol!

joonyer
09-15-2014, 06:00 PM
Sad Seats! That's a good one.

I'm just glad that the PVBs (post-vacation blues) are offset by PVA (pre-vacation anticipation).

Arielfan98
09-15-2014, 10:50 PM
I'm lucky because not too many people are fortunate enough to go to Disney and are certainly not Disney freaks like my family is...which means we go once every year and the people that do post go maybe at most every other year. I'm just lucky I can go at all and experience the magic of Disney.

pox24
09-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Never, ever..... we visit usually 4 or five time a year so its neat to read whats old, new, changing shut down etc.

DonaldDuckUSA
09-16-2014, 07:25 PM
Not at all. By living vicariously thorough them and getting their trip reports, it makes me feel like I'm there. :number1:

DBF and I probably won't go for another few years (after having APs for two years), but I still read the boards, websites, and blogs. Honestly, it helps me get scratch the "Disney-itch." :mickey:

i'm grumpy
09-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Oh yes. Haven't been for over 2 yrs. And we also feel sorry for those leaving when we arrive.

ransam
09-17-2014, 02:36 AM
I agree, I often feel bad for those leaving as we are checking in, but I quickly get over that.

Gator
09-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Of course! I've had a month of intense jealousy. Last week, the organist at my church was there, posting like crazy. The week before, one of my old school buddies was there and didn't post a thing, which totally made me mad! The week before that, a person I met through Intercot (Chickee) was there for a week, and she posted a ton of those "checked into..." posts that make you want to go right now. AND the week before that, a family we met on the bus from AKL to Epcot one day was there - and he's a super photo buff so there were great photos everyday.

I sit at my screen thinking, "I just get to do Disneyland this year because it's too expensive to fly". Yes, GREEN with envy. That's when it's hard to follow that last commandment - Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's trip to Disney World.

ransam
09-18-2014, 03:35 AM
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's trip to Disney World.

This made me laugh. I hope you don't mind if I steal this for a post.

PopPhan
09-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Jealous? Not really, but I do get wistful knowing that I either do not have a trip planned or am too far away from it.....(Yes, even one day away is too long!! LOL)

MNDisney Dad
09-20-2014, 07:45 PM
Absolutely, but happy for the people that are there.
:D

ransam
09-22-2014, 04:44 PM
my buddy got home yesterday so I can now start rubbing it in that I will be there in 65 days.

Fastpasssteve
09-22-2014, 11:56 PM
In a word, yes.

Especially when they post food photos! But it is good to see their happy faces! It is all bearable when I have a trip planned in the future! :magic:

baldburke
09-24-2014, 12:56 PM
Once every few years is good for us. If we couldn't get there at least every three to four years then we might be jealous. Otherwise I always "like" my friends' Disney posts.