PDA

View Full Version : AoA or CBR with Discount?

BigRedDad
09-12-2014, 12:29 PM
We are going the first week of February. There are no discounts out yet for then. Assunming there is the typical 20% off for CBR and AoA Mermaid rooms never getting a discount, it would be only be about $100 difference for 7 nights. There will only be 3 of us and we will have a car.

Which would you prefer?

natedog24
09-12-2014, 01:23 PM
I'd prefer CBR, but it depends on who is going. If you have younger kids - they may enjoy the Little Mermaid room (and the resort as a whole) more. Obviously CBR is probably considered "nicer", but the AOA probably has more a "Disneyfied" feel - with the larger than life aspects of the property. Pros and Cons to each.

If you have a car, I wouldn't worry about the location of either, as the difference in distance is probably negligible.

MargaretMessler
09-13-2014, 06:54 PM
For that small difference, I would definitely go with CBR, but I like both. As others said, if you have small kids they might enjoy AoA more with the cartoonish feel of the grounds, but the main pool at CBR is pretty cool

faline
09-13-2014, 06:57 PM
I've never stayed at Art of Animation but visited there last year when my brother and his family stayed at that location. I was quite impressed and would choose this location over Caribbean Beach resort - consider that you will have two bathrroms and separate sleeping areas - both bonuse.

ransam
09-14-2014, 02:35 AM
I vote for CBR.

BigRedDad
09-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the info. We would not be in a suite. My daughter will be 9 then. After looking at pictures, she prefers AoA. The reason is that all the flowers at CBR that will have bees that will sting her. I know, this is from a 9 year. She as stung by a bee once on her butt when she sat on it. She wants to stay at AoA. I told her the jellyfish in the pool with sting her too (I was joking with her). We will stay at AoA this time.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-14-2014, 03:57 PM
... I told her the jellyfish in the pool will sting her too (I was joking with her). We will stay at AoA this time.

All she has to do is bounce on the tops of the jellyfish, the tops don't string you!

:dory:

PirateLover
09-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Honestly, I'd chose AoA. Granted, I stayed at CBR many years ago, prior to a lot of the refurbs, but I was very underwhelmed. I think AoA is fantastic in terms of eye candy, which we appreciate. Little Mermaid rooms are far from the food court area, but you roll that dice with CBR too. If I was a 9-year-old, I'd enjoy walking through the lively AoA grounds vs palm tree strewn parking lots. :twocents:

Katzateer
09-14-2014, 07:22 PM
AoA!!! :cloud9::thumbsup: