PDA

View Full Version : Zac Brown

ransam
09-12-2014, 05:11 AM
I just got home from seeing Zac Brown in concert. It's the 4th time I've seen him. I use to go to concerts all the time. I've been to over 2000 concerts and I can honestly say zac is by far the best concert I've ever gone to. He never disappoints. They are the tightest band I've heard and they do all the songs you want, but also add in some songs others do (tonight he did Piano Man, Enter the Sandman (awesome!) and isn't she lovely by stevie wonder and talk about turning that song into something that was awe inspiring. He always does Devil Went to Georgia as well).
He also promotes charities in his shows and runs a summer kids for unprivileged kids.
If you get a chance go see him in concert.

buzznwoodysmom
09-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Glad you enjoyed the concert. We are big Zac Brown fans in our house. My hubby got to see them in concert in Iraq once. Was a major highlight of that deployment.

Basket Mommy
09-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Agreed. I've seen them in concert twice (the only two times they've gotten near enough for me to see them!) I love ZBB. They give a great show. I do have to say that the fans leave something to be desired. The first time I saw them was at Verizon Amphitheater in Charlotte, NC. I had lawn seats, and the crowd got really rowdy.... and drunk... and from the smell of it, a little stoned. A friend that I was with was practically accosted by a drunk man who was overly friendly. It was not the best first time experience. The 2nd time I saw them was here in Greenville, this time indoors. I took my then 13-YO daughter and her friend. A man sitting in our row went back for beers for himself four times, each time coming back with 2 that he consumed himself, so basically, 8 beers total. The last time he came back he spilled beer all over my feet, and I was wearing flip flops. My daughter's friend went home smelling like beer. I go to a lot of concerts as well, and those incidents were the only times I've left feeling disappointed because of the crowd experience.

(I went to high school with the drummer, Chris Fryar, although he was 2 grades ahead of me and we weren't friends. We do have mutual friends, and his mom lives across the street from my parents. He's the reason I started listening to ZBB in the first place.)

ransam
09-13-2014, 01:39 AM
sorry the crowd was bad, for the most part I haven't had any problems at his shows, nothing I haven't seen in any other concert.
Ironically, the only time I've have a bad incident was at a Taylor Swift show where a crowd of about 20 girls had a huge fight.

and chris is an excellent drummer. I have played drums most of my life and he is absolutely one of my favorite. I kind of know Clay Cook. I met him a few years ago when he played a solo show in Lawerence, KS and have kept in touch over the years.