PDA

View Full Version : getting from PO Riverside to FQ

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-11-2014, 09:22 PM
We are spending 1 night at PO Riverside, and my daughter is DYING to try Biegnets ... which I see they have at the counter service place at FQ... how do I get from one to the other? I would like to sneak out that night after the kids are asleep and leave them with my husband, and get some to surprise her with in the morning, but I do not know how to get from one resort to the other, tho they seem relatively close... Thank you

Pirate Granny
09-11-2014, 10:19 PM
There is a walkway...you can take the boat from Riverside to FQ...but they are best hot...perhaps you can take the family for a walk or get up early to go get them!

cer
09-12-2014, 12:31 AM
There is a walkway...you can take the boat from Riverside to FQ...but they are best hot...perhaps you can take the family for a walk or get up early to go get them!

This.

And the best part about them is that they make them per order. So they are completely fresh. :thumbsup:

I must say I am envious.

MrPeetrie
09-12-2014, 06:47 AM

I agree with Pirate Granny. They make them fresh to order. And they're worthy of the walk.

Mickey'sGirl
09-12-2014, 07:58 AM
...but they are best hot...perhaps you can take the family for a walk or get up early to go get them!

I agree with Pirate Granny. They make them fresh to order. And they're worthy of the walk.
I absolutely agree. The sugar would become pasty and they might be a bit soggy by the time you got them to her. I would plan on going over there for breakfast or a nighttime snack for them. :thumbsup:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-12-2014, 08:19 AM
Do they make fresh ones all day? I would be happy to take her with me, we could go there for dinner and have some for dessert..

I thought maybe they only made them fresh at breakfast... and I know the next morning we are taking right off...

disneymom15
09-12-2014, 09:14 AM
Do they make fresh ones all day? I would be happy to take her with me, we could go there for dinner and have some for dessert.. .

Yes, as far as I know, they make them all day.
I agree, they're very good.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-12-2014, 10:58 AM
I'd agree that dessert sounds like a good idea.

Depending where you're eating, you could have dinner in the POFQ court (where they count as dessert if you're on the dining plan), or it is a quick (and fun) boat ride between POFQ and POR.

Janmac
09-12-2014, 11:47 AM
They do make fresh ones all day. However, some of the food court stations shut down earlier than others. Go earlier than later.

The two resorts are so close, that it's almost closer, from the two POR buildings that now have the Royal Rooms, to walk to the food court at POFQ than the one at POR. Walking could be quicker than the boat, tho if you were going past the boat area when the boat was loading, take that.

You can see maps of the resorts here at Intercot, at the resorts tab near the top of this page. The map shows both resorts on the same page.

Jan

#1donaldfan
09-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Do they make fresh ones all day? I would be happy to take her with me, we could go there for dinner and have some for dessert..

I thought maybe they only made them fresh at breakfast... and I know the next morning we are taking right off...

Yes they do, made to order, I think you get 6 in an order !! The path is not that far, just a bit over 1/2 mile. Walk past the surry bike rentals, along the river, and into the FQ. Once there, keep walking past the buildings and turn at the pool and straight to the main building. That's the easiest way to tell you to get there, of course if you knew it a bit better you could zig-zag between a few and save a whole minute of walking. The food court there is incredible. Please get them fresh and eat 'em there. I've carried them back and while they're good, right out of the oil is the best. Also, if you're a runner, there is no better place to run at Disney than along the river and through the "Riversides" !! :mickey:

natedog24
09-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Agree with most others - walk over and get them fresh! It's a cool resort to walk around if your kids have never been there.
I remember the first time I went to the French Quarter in New Orleans, I kept thinking, "Wow - this looks a lot like Port Orleans". Imagine that... ;)