PDA

View Full Version : MK boat rides w/handicap question

Scorpiosammy
09-11-2014, 08:18 PM
I have been to Disney a zillion times so I should know the answer to this, but I wanted to make sure my memory was right :thumbsup:

If I am correct the handicap boats (at least for IASAM) are "flat" where you walk or roll straight on them vs stepping down into them, and they also have a more bench-like seat on them as well (again where you do not have to step down to get a seat).

I'm just trying to clarify my memory as my Mom has trouble walking and bending her knee enough to step down into rides. This way I should have a better idea :thumbsup:

Thanks for any help guys! :mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
09-12-2014, 12:27 AM
You got it right.
On Jungle Cruise, one boat has a roll-on platform for WCs and ECVs.

Scorpiosammy
09-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Thank you for confirming this and for the info on the JC, I forgot about that one :thumbsup::mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-15-2014, 09:55 AM
If you're using a wheelchair, then the wheelchair boats are perfect! But, the seats on those boats are quite small and very low to the ground, and I actually found them way harder to get out of than the regular boat seats. The wheelchair goes "down the middle" with seats on both sides.

My Mom has had both knees replaced and still talks about how hard it was to get in and out of it's a small world. The only thing we found that made it better at all was to sit in the back, since the seat back is higher, and provided a better place for her to hold onto.

Scorpiosammy
09-18-2014, 08:04 PM
Thank you for replying and sharing your experiences with me :) I will be sure to pass them along to my Mom :thumbsup:

If anyone is bored while waiting in a line and can get/upload a pic of the handicapped boat for any boat attraction it would be awesome :mickey:

ransam
10-11-2014, 03:15 AM
there is no park easier for handicapped than Disney.

PETE FROM NYC
11-04-2014, 09:19 AM
there is no park easier for handicapped than Disney.

Due to access issues, we gave up on Universal.

WDW has been very handicapped friendly for us.

merciantinkerbell
11-05-2014, 07:47 AM
Jungle Cruise has new accessible boat, at least CM's said it was new. The lift platform is in the middle and doesn't look long enough to fit ECV's, only standard wheelchairs. Hubby used it and his standard manual chair fitted on with about an inch or two to spare. I think ECV users will have to transfer to manual chair.

PETE FROM NYC
11-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Jungle Cruise has new accessible boat, at least CM's said it was new. The lift platform is in the middle and doesn't look long enough to fit ECV's, only standard wheelchairs. Hubby used it and his standard manual chair fitted on with about an inch or two to spare. I think ECV users will have to transfer to manual chair.

DW used this many times with her ECV. No problems.