PDA

View Full Version : Shades of Green

epceddie
09-09-2014, 08:26 PM
I know SOG is a resort for military personnel, but can the public eat at the restaurants?

wdwfansince75
09-10-2014, 08:04 AM
No ID checks at restaurants nor at Evergreens. Only issue is the gate house. We had a guest join us one day, and she just told the gate house guard that she was visiting friends, and was waved through...while she didn't get pass key for parking garage, she was able to park in parking area for golf courses. Very short walk to lobby.

Both Mangino's and the Garden Grill are on the lower level, below the lobby.

pcoleman
09-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Just got back from wonderful stay at SOG. Security is strictly maintained. If you say you are there to meet friends they may ask you for name or room number of friends. Have to show ID and proof of room to ride buses now.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-10-2014, 02:32 PM
I think the answer is no ... according to the Shades of Green website:

Q: Can I dine in your restaurants even if I do not hold a reservation at Shades of Green?

A: Yes. You will be asked to provide a valid military ID to access Shades of Green property.

So, if you're military, then yes, if you're (like me), "just the public", then it sounds like no.

epceddie
09-19-2014, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Dreamin' of Disney
03-26-2015, 01:17 PM
We will be staying at Shades of Green for the first time in Nov, will we be able to book WDW dining reservations online at our 180 day window with a SOG confirmation #?

pcoleman
03-26-2015, 10:36 PM
No your SOG reservation number is not compatible with Disney system. So that means you cannot make your 180 days out for whole trip. It's 180 days for everyday of your trip. Means you call everyday to make the reservation for the day.

Dreamin' of Disney
04-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Booo! Thank you for the reply. Thankfully my parents are staying at Ft. Wilderness. Will need to have them make the reservations I guess.