PDA

View Full Version : Got back on Sunday

RBrooksC
09-09-2014, 01:59 PM
My wife and I went to WDW for our 10th wedding anniversary. No kids and no hassles.

We stayed at POR and loved it there. We are thinking of staying there next time over the WL and other places we have stayed due to how much we enjoyed it.

There were no lines. We used some of our FPs but really they weren't needed since we took full advantage of the early morning EMH. TSM was only an 18 min wait for us while the posted time said 50 minutes. The mine train was about 15 minutes. These both were during the extra magic hour.

We did enjoy some of the Frozen things at DHS. The Sing-a-long was fun. We went at the last showing on Friday night. It wasn't full but it was more heavily attended than I would have expected so Frozen is still bringing in the guests. The Frozen fireworks were great. They were the only ones we watched. We have seen Wishes more times than I can count.

Otherwise, there were no lines and we were able to ride what we wanted at least once. For the most part we only rode things once. Otherwise we walked around, enjoy the ambiance.

We had some nice dinners and were able to get in early due to the low crowds.

There was rain but a $1 poncho from the Dollar Tree was enough to keep us dry.

While the construction at DTD was bad, we had no problems getting a parking space at Marketplace and the night I didn't feel like driving we took the boat from POR and enjoyed the ride.

We only had three days there so it felt whirlwind and I wish we had more time but isn't that always the feeling at the end of the Disney vacation?

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-09-2014, 04:00 PM
Glad you had a great (but short) trip ... and yes, there is never enough time, no matter how long or short the trip is.

disneymom15
09-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Sounds like you had a very nice trip. Thanks for the report.

faline
09-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Happy anniversary!! Nice celebration - glad the crowds cooperated!!

hauntedmansiongirl
09-10-2014, 02:22 AM
Happy Anniversary! So happy to hear about the low crowds! We leave tomorrow!! :mickey:

princessgirls
09-10-2014, 02:14 PM
What a wonderful anniversary trip you had!!! I like hearing the crowds were low!

Thanks for sharing!
Julie:mickey:

emerzmom
09-11-2014, 10:18 AM
It sounds like you had a really magical trip! Thanks for sharing.
:tink:
Julie

KylesMom
09-12-2014, 11:12 AM
We only had three days there so it felt whirlwind and I wish we had more time but isn't that always the feeling at the end of the Disney vacation?

You know it! Happy Anniversary - it sounds like you had an absolutely lovely trip. POR is a resort we have not stayed at but it sounds fabulous. Thanks for sharing!:mickey: