PDA

View Full Version : Transportation between MCO and Shades of Green

Katzateer
09-08-2014, 03:42 PM
During our week in December at SOG we need transportation to and from airport.

Can you still walk up to a Mears counter or booth near ME and car rental or do I need to book ahead of time. Anyone know how much they charge.

My husband has gotten to the point he does not like to drive at WDW. So I know we won't rent a car.

Strmchsr
09-08-2014, 04:34 PM
I don't know about the other shuttles. I would suggest looking into Quicksilver. Look under the Intercot sponsors tab. They give good service on transportation to and from the airport.

T-Belle
09-09-2014, 08:11 AM
On my last visit to WDW I used Quicksilver for arrival and return trip to MCO. At the time I had crunched the numbers and did a lot of research on the best way to get from MCO to SOG. Hands down Quicksilver was the best! Comfortable ride, friendly driver, a stop at Publix for breakfast items and bottled water. Fantastic! They also track your flight so they know if your plane is delayed. I will use them again!

Katzateer
09-09-2014, 11:17 AM
On my last visit to WDW I used Quicksilver for arrival and return trip to MCO. At the time I had crunched the numbers and did a lot of research on the best way to get from MCO to SOG. Hands down Quicksilver was the best! Comfortable ride, friendly driver, a stop at Publix for breakfast items and bottled water. Fantastic! They also track your flight so they know if your plane is delayed. I will use them again!

So it is going to run us $200 for roundtrip service for 2 people ??? Wow.

On the sponsor site it says rates start at $49 one way to Disney resorts. Maybe 2 people at that rate, I hope. We dont need a grocery stop, just transportation.

T-Belle
09-09-2014, 12:33 PM

On the sponsor site it says rates start at $49 one way to Disney resorts. Maybe 2 people at that rate, I hope. We dont need a grocery stop, just transportation.

When I used them it was just me. I was on my 1st (and fabulous) solo trip. The round trip rate for me was half the price I paid for a taxi from the Poly to MCO a few years earlier-one way. That's what I based my decision to book them on. On the taxi ride there were several delays (traffic, construction..) all the while the meter was tick, tick ticking. The deciding factor for me was the shopping stop. I tend to over think everything. And after crunching the $$$ numbers, and it was much less that $200, it was the right way for me.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-09-2014, 09:34 PM
So it is going to run us $200 for roundtrip service for 2 people ???

I think Quicksilver will be closer to $130 for a Towncar (holds up to 4 people). They are always friendly and super service!

quicksilver
09-27-2014, 03:32 PM

Hi,

Rate with the towncar round trip to the Shades Of Green is $130.00; with the Cadillac Escalade $205.00; with the Limousine $230.00. Rates only do not include gratuity.

Regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

Katzateer
09-29-2014, 07:55 AM
Hi,

Rate with the towncar round trip to the Shades Of Green is $130.00; with the Cadillac Escalade $205.00; with the Limousine $230.00. Rates only do not include gratuity.

Regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

Thanks!:thumbsup: