PDA

View Full Version : New Shows this year

ransam
09-08-2014, 03:54 AM
I know I will watch Gotham. But any other shows you all will be looking forward to and I should watch?

ransam
09-08-2014, 03:56 AM
where on line can I find a sight that is easy to read and maybe even able to print it off that will have a copy of all the premier dates of the shows this fall?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-08-2014, 10:23 AM
where on line can I find a sight that is easy to read and maybe even able to print it off that will have a copy of all the premier dates of the shows this fall?

When I googled "new shows 2014" the TvGuide site was the first to pop up. They have a decent listing of new shows, their picks for the best, and air dates.

TV Networks have so little patience these days to let shows develop and find a footing, that I am always hesitant to try a new show. I've had so many seasons where a show I like doesn't make it past the first 8 episodes or so before its cancelled. I tend to wait to see if its picked up for the entire season before watching.

The one I will watch is Gracepoint (BBCA channel). Its based on the British version which was called Broadchurch and starred David Tennant (who is also in the US version).

Ones I will probably monitor would be Gotham, Madame Secretary, Forever and NCIS New Orleans. The latter two just because I really like the two male leads, ION Gruffud and Scott Bakula. The Flash is actually getting some early good word of mouth, so maybe that too.

AgentC
09-08-2014, 11:08 AM
I agree TV Guide is probably the best site. The have a fall tv premiere calendar that lists the premiere dates of new and old shows.

Entertainment Weekly usually has a good listing too but they don't have it up yet. I was surprised when last weeks issues wasn't the TV preview issue. It looks like a lot of shows premiere the week of the 22nd so there should be more information out soon.

I'm not sure about new shows yet. I'm considering checking out The Mysteries of Laura, The Flash, Constantine. Jane the Virgin and maybe Forever. I tend to DVR a lot at the beginning and then narrow it down.

PopPhan
09-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Gotham, The Flash (for the big kid in me!), <scorpion>, and Madame Secretary all look interesting.

I would have said Gracepoint, but it is a word for word Americanized version of the BBC America series Broadchurch....Including the star of the show - Doctor Who #10 himself - David Tennant.

PirateLover
09-10-2014, 03:57 PM
I responded to this thread- I guess the cyber space gremlins ate it up!

We will definitely be checking out Gotham. DH is very excited for The Flash. I'll give it a whirl. Usually I like all the super hero stuff, but I can't get into Arrow (which he loves) for some reason. There is also a new zombie show coming to SyFy that will we try.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-11-2014, 01:25 PM
I would have said Gracepoint, but it is a word for word Americanized version of the BBC America series Broadchurch....Including the star of the show - Doctor Who #10 himself - David Tennant.

I'm not so certain that its going to be a complete copy of Broadchurch. Broadchurch was limited to 8 episodes, Gracepoint I believe will have 10, giving producers more control and more time to do what they want. I've also read several rumors that the eventual killer will not be the same character as in Broadchurch. I would agree that the broad storyline will be very much the same, but change a few characters and a different killer, makes it a fresh show, hopefully.

NJGIRL
09-11-2014, 04:51 PM
I haven't seen anything that I think will interest me yet.:(

NJDad
09-12-2014, 07:14 AM

Interview with Tennant and Anna Gunn in this week's Entertainment Weekly directly contradicts the 'word for word' rumor.

TheDuckRocks
09-12-2014, 09:45 AM
We enjoyed Broadchurch so much we will be watching Gracepoint when it airs. I would love to see a different killer as there was other characters that I thought would have been a better villain story line.
I really need to get together a list of the new shows coming this fall, a few of them seem interesting to me.

i'm grumpy
09-25-2014, 04:23 PM
I liked NCIS N.O.