PDA

View Full Version : December Trip!!!

Cass&KenziesMom
09-07-2014, 03:32 PM
We're going in June but the hubby just surprised me and said we could go in December!!! It's always been a major deal for me to see all of the decorations and we finally get to do it! So I have a few questions! When do they start taking the decorations down? Do the have MVMCP dates after Christmas? What are some definite "must sees" when we go??? Our check in day is the day after Christmas and we're checking out New Year's Day. I'm totally on :cloud9: right now!!! Here I thought we had 9 months until we could go and now it's only a little over 3!!!! :santa3::santa3:

forever a child
09-07-2014, 04:31 PM
We're going in June but the hubby just surprised me and said we could go in December!!! It's always been a major deal for me to see all of the decorations and we finally get to do it! So I have a few questions! When do they start taking the decorations down? Do the have MVMCP dates after Christmas? What are some definite "must sees" when we go??? Our check in day is the day after Christmas and we're checking out New Year's Day. I'm totally on :cloud9: right now!!! Here I thought we had 9 months until we could go and now it's only a little over 3!!!! :santa3::santa3:

Congrats on your surprise trip! We are going Christmas this year too. This will be our second time going during the Holidays. Christmas is my favorite time of the year and what better way to celebrate than in WDW!

The MVMCP end on Dec 19th. The parade that is done during the Christmas party is the the one they will switch to, I guess on the 20th and should probably go through New Years. Although for New Years day, it could be different...hopefully someone else will know that. I haven't been there on New Years day yet.

Decorations will be up through out your trip. I expect Jan is when they begin to take them down.

My favorite things....seeing the huge trees, gingerbread houses etc at the Deluxe resorts. They have Photopass photographers there so you can get your family photos taken in front of those gorgeous trees. Also, of course the Castle looks awesome, the parades are great. In Epcot, seeing all of the different Santas and hearing their stories and getting photos is great. Then there is the Candlight Processional. Not sure when the last one is but I know it extends beyond Christmas Day. Then in Hollywood Studios, Osbourne Family Spectacle...It is a beautiful lights/music display. I am sure there is more. We like to decorate our room with Christmas tree and lights too.

Have a great trip!:santa::santa3::elf:

Cass&KenziesMom
09-07-2014, 04:38 PM
I'm bummed about the Christmas party but excited we'll still get to see all of the decorations! Will we still be able to check out all of the decorations at the resorts if we're not staying on property?? I know my girls would love to see them.

disneymom15
09-07-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm bummed about the Christmas party but excited we'll still get to see all of the decorations! Will we still be able to check out all of the decorations at the resorts if we're not staying on property?? I know my girls would love to see them.

Yes you can check out the resorts even if you aren't staying on property. We love Christmas at Disney too.
What an awesome surprise.

forever a child
09-07-2014, 05:35 PM
I would book your dinning adr's soon if you haven't already. Christmas time in not a good time to plan to do walk in requests for meals.

Cass&KenziesMom
09-07-2014, 05:45 PM
I would book your dinning adr's soon if you haven't already. Christmas time in not a good time to plan to do walk in requests for meals.

Everywhere I would want to go it booked already which I figured they would be. Thankfully we have our June trip to hit the spots we want to go!

Strmchsr
09-07-2014, 05:45 PM

:ditto: That's the most crowded week of the year, so if you want an ADR get what's available now.

As for visiting the resorts, yes, you can, but doing it with a car can be pretty tricky. Since it's so crowded that week parking is a premium and they're careful about who is allowed to park at the resorts. You're best to park at the TTC and use the monorail to visit those resorts. Or when you're in Epcot just walk through the International Gateway to visit those resorts. Those would be the main ones to visit anyway.

Cass&KenziesMom
09-07-2014, 05:51 PM
:ditto: That's the most crowded week of the year, so if you want an ADR get what's available now.

As for visiting the resorts, yes, you can, but doing it with a car can be pretty tricky. Since it's so crowded that week parking is a premium and they're careful about who is allowed to park at the resorts. You're best to park at the TTC and use the monorail to visit those resorts. Or when you're in Epcot just walk through the International Gateway to visit those resorts. Those would be the main ones to visit anyway.

Awesome! Thanks for the tips!