PDA

View Full Version : POR or CB

mludman
09-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Planning an August trip and trying to decide between port Orleans riverside and Caribbean beach. we are a party of 5 so we need the murphy bed option

missymouseworld
09-06-2014, 08:06 PM
I know POR has accommodations for a party of five (we have stayed there many times with a family of 5), but CBR does not, unless you get two rooms. From what I remember their rooms have 2 double beds or 1 King only....unless things have changed recently.

buzznwoodysmom
09-06-2014, 11:26 PM
I know POR has accommodations for a party of five (we have stayed there many times with a family of 5), but CBR does not, unless you get two rooms. From what I remember their rooms have 2 double beds or 1 King only....unless things have changed recently.

The rooms at CBR are currently undergoing refurbs. Some of the rooms will now have the same Murphy bed that is in the rooms at POR. CBR will now accommodate 5 in some of their rooms.

As of now guests are staying in rooms with the Murphy bed, but you cannot book a room for 5 yet. Some are speculating that they won't start taking bookings for parties of 5 until the resort is completely done. No official word, just speculation as far as I know. I also don't know what the time frame is for completion, but I don't think the resort is even half way complete yet. So really who knows when they will start allowing bookings for 5.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Even if CBR is available to book a party of 5, I would still go POR.

We stayed at CBR once, and while I enjoyed it (Jamaica bldg) it didn't knock my socks off and I've never found myself wanting to go back. Whereas POR is always my first choice of mods. I love the grounds, the meandering paths, the great pool and slide that the kids love, a really good food court and sit down restaurant, Yee-Haw Bob performing at the River Roost, boats to Downtown Disney and on and on.

If CBR isn't ready for family's of 5, then the choice is already made for you, but I'd choose POR anyway.

RBrooksC
09-09-2014, 02:05 PM
My wife and I just got back from POR. We loved it. We stayed at CB ten years ago. It was ok.

We have stayed at WL a few times.

When we go back, we are planning on staying at POR.

We found the grounds lovely and well themed.

The rooms were rather large and quiet and the boat ride to DTD was nice, slow and relaxing.

To us, it is a no-brainer to stay at POR.

DadTriton
09-17-2014, 11:31 PM
Caribbean beach was underwhelming. I won't stay there again.

disney1026
09-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Port Orleans! I've stayed at both. I think Port Orleans is a bit nicer and has more to do.

RoyalDuchessofDisney
10-08-2014, 09:55 PM
I would go with POR. We have stayed there a few times and it is in my opinion a lot nicer than CB. The grounds are beautiful and the pool is a lot more fun for the kids. Also I believe that if you stay at port orleans riverside, you can also access the port orleans french quarter resort grounds fairly easily. This is nice if you want to take some time during your trip to take a break and have some pool time at either resort.

Kaps
10-28-2014, 12:00 PM
IMO i would go with Port orleans much nicer and great food court.