PDA

View Full Version : Fab 4 @ BW Thursday

kerry827
09-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Trip details:
Sat Aug 09 - Sat Aug 16 (driving days both Saturdays) 4 adults (3 Disney fanatics)

Thursday Aug 14

Epcot Day

Started out to Epcot abt 10. Planned on spending whole day there. Grabbed a breakfast from boardwalk. Bakery and vendors on the boardwalk. Took ferry over to interational gateway.

Epcot was crowded and it was beyond warm. Also had some issues with on and off storms. In Epcot we headed to Test Track for our fast pass. We had to rush because we were really close the window ending. This is where it got ugly, unDisney like ☹ We arrived at Test Track just as the storm clouds were closing in. We got on the longish Fast Pass line and waited our turn to swipe our bracelets. As we got closer to the front of the line we realized that the issue was test track could not operate if there was electrical storms within a certain radius. The line was long because the cast members were explaining that to each person attempting to use their fast pass. The choice for others was to: wait in line too see if it would reopen obviously there was no way of telling when it would or try again later to pick up another fast pass for it. So we had a brief discussion before we got to the front and decided we would stay and wait it out. Well, the rudest cast member I have ever encountered had other plans for us. When I touched Mickey to Mickey I did not light up green and was told my fast pass expired. With a quick glance at my friend’s watch, my friend said to the cast member. “We have been online for a few minutes here and it is just 11:15 now & I thought we get a 15 min window anyway?” To which the cast member sarcastically snarked at us “Yes, but it is actually 11:16 so you are in fact late” Before I could even open my mouth to speak she shooed us away & the guest behind us rudely commented about us taking too much time. I LOST MY MIND. My friend summoned the manager of the area and explained it all as I could not even speak I was so angry. Of course the manager apologized and allowed us into the fast pass line. For the record, I contacted Disney about said cast member. It was just so rude and really uncalled for…. I dislike my job at times to but if I take it out on others I would be fired. A person like that just doesn’t belong working for Disney.

Anyway, with the storms coming and going we in total actually waited about 90 minues for Test Track. I am glad we waited… a) we were in the ac and b) it would open only briefly for the rest of the day so if we didn’t stay and ride we wouldn’t have gotten on at all.

After the test track debacle I was still so upset. I looked for the cast member again but the manager removed her from the area. We headed to Mexico to start our trip through the countries. We had snacks and drinks all around. It was nice walking around and casually browsing in the AC. We thoroughly enjoyed the time. We hit Mexico ride and after a brief wait also hit Maelstrom. By the time came, it had rained on and off all day and the bridges we very slippery. One of our travel companions actually slipped AND FELL twice.

At 7:15 we had dinner ressie at Le Cellier. Food was delish… is it worth 2 credits? No. I don’t feel it is. They didn’t seat us til 7:35 and by the time we received our dinner it was almost 8:45. I was a bit disappointed as it took so long we missed Illuminations. After dinner, our “faller” called it a night and headed back to ferry to boardwalk. The rest of us walked down through England and did some shopping before heading back.

When we got back we stopped by the Boardwalk concierge… we had a few questions for Friday. As it would be an epic day…. We were attempting 4 parks/DD in one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After some advice from the concierge we headed back to our room to pack up and make sure all was set for checkout the next day.

faline
09-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Le Cellier is a yummy place to dine! Sounds like it was quite an epic day!!