PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP - Should we go?

forever a child
09-06-2014, 12:00 PM
I am getting really excited about our December Trip! I just thought I would ask your thoughts, our trip is Dec 16-23rd. Should we bother going to the special event Christmas Party? Won't parades ect be the same? There is SO much to see and do during Christmas time, and my DD's BF is going with us this year. So is it worth it? I think I would get 20% discount because I recently got a Chase Disney Visa card.

Appreciate your thoughts!:mickey:

Strmchsr
09-06-2014, 03:20 PM
After the last party on Dec 19 the main MK parade will be the Christmas parade. If you've been to a MVMCP before, no, it's not really worth going. It's gotten ridiculously expensive for not much return. It's worth doing once, but that's it. I would expect most of what you would see (most, not all) would be available after Dec 19 during regular hours.

forever a child
09-06-2014, 04:29 PM
After the last party on Dec 19 the main MK parade will be the Christmas parade. If you've been to a MVMCP before, no, it's not really worth going. It's gotten ridiculously expensive for not much return. It's worth doing once, but that's it. I would expect most of what you would see (most, not all) would be available after Dec 19 during regular hours.

That's kind of what I thought! Are the parades and fireworks the same after the 19th? That and just extra Characters are really all I am interested in.

Thanks for the reply.

Strmchsr
09-06-2014, 05:33 PM
I know the parade switches, but I'm not sure about the Holiday Wishes. I think the regular evening fireworks becomes Holiday Wishes after the 19th, but hopefully someone can tell you for sure.

Not all of the characters are found in holiday attire. You do have to go to the party for that. But many of them can be found around the park even before the 19th in some kind of winter clothing.

Simba 1
09-21-2014, 07:22 AM
We have been to MVMCP a couple times, last time in 2013 (husband and I, four kids age 9 and under, grandparents). We enjoyed the extra holiday themed entertainment shows. Not sure if those are available outside the party. The extra characters were fun. If I recall, those were the only nights MK was open really late, so that was a bonus too. Attractions were very busy during the day, but thinned out during the party. Good luck with your decision.

Katzateer
09-21-2014, 07:35 AM
If you have not been before and have a party night that works with your schedule, I would go. We enjoy it. We don't use one of our park day tickets for earlier in the day. Our tradition has been to go to Kona's for a late lunch then go to the party around 4 and stay until park closing.