PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Question!

Cass&KenziesMom
09-06-2014, 09:54 AM
I've been away for a while because I was so sad our next Disney trip wasn't in the foreseeable future. However...our booking window for our timeshare with Wyndham just came open so I was able to book our trip!!!! I have almost enough to purchase our tickets but I'll wait on that for a bit because I'm toying around with the idea of getting an annual pass. So my question is....not knowing whether we'll be able to make it back within a year is it still a good savings for at least 1 of us to get an annual pass? I know you get discounts on some stuff and "free Parking". So basically if I get an Annual Pass for myself and just regular Hopper Passes I'm just pretty much "paying in advance" for parking??? Is this a good idea? Or should I just **** it up and buy regular Hoppers for us all? :D

Strmchsr
09-06-2014, 11:28 AM
In general APs are only a good value if you will take 2 or more trips totally 11+ days in the parks. And that's about to break even. To really get a "deal" on it you need to take 3 trips. Otherwise just buying your regular tickets will be much better.

disneymom15
09-06-2014, 11:47 AM
You could purchase your hoppers now and upgrade to AP's once you decide if they're a good value for you. It's very easy to upgrade your tickets once you're there.

Cass&KenziesMom
09-06-2014, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the input! We're going for 10 days but not quite sure if we're doing the parks all 10 days. Most likely not but we'll see! Maybe I can play around with the numbers and see if a Christmas trip could be in the cards with our remaining points from our timeshare and upgrade. ;)

Cass&KenziesMom
09-07-2014, 09:16 AM
So the hubby didn't shoot down the idea of possibly going in December next year if we have enough points left over with the timeshare. That would make 2 trips in 6 months and I've been dying to go to see the lights...just once! So APs may not be completely out of the question. :cloud9: