PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Sizes

disguy
09-04-2014, 09:56 AM
How are things these days when looking for larger sized clothes. I'm a men's 3X and traditionally had issues finding much variety in regards to t-shirts much less shorts or pants etc. I haven't been down there in over 6 years so I'm wondering if things have improved. Any tips on good places to find larger sizes when at the world? Any info is appreciated.:mickey2:

Strmchsr
09-04-2014, 10:44 AM
No real improvement. Every now and then you can find a 3x in something but it's not extremely common.

disguy
09-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Too bad because I'm a sucker for park specific items. Everytime someone posts a blog on new or retro style tshirts I get all exited and then find XL is as big as it goes. Under the best case sceneario I'll never see XL. LOL

disneymom15
09-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Son-in-law wears a 3X, every trip he purchases several polos with the Mickey head.

Basket Mommy
09-04-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm a ladies' 2X and have trouble finding the dressier items in my size. At most I can usually find a t-shirt, but I like the nicer, sparklier shirts sold for ladies. Disney is missing a HUGE market (no pun intended!) by not selling things in larger sizes. My hubby is a 3X and I cannot ever find anything for him.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Still a HUGE (yes, pun intended) frustration. I found a few 2X or 3X items, but most of the stuff I loved only came in smaller sizes.

I usually have more luck with larger sizes at the resort gift shops (I guess they don't get as picked over as the parks). This past trip, I found a great sweater at the Contemporary Shop, and last year, I found some good stuff at AoA.

Janmac
09-06-2014, 12:45 PM
On previous trips - perhaps as much as 10 years ago - we could get items from a central Disney merchandise location. I'm not remembering contact info or even what it's called. :blush:

I remember calling with descriptions and the location I had seen the item(s) although I've heard of folks making note of the SKUs (taking pics with phones) while in a store and ordering using the number.

One time I exchanged a hoodie bought for me by a person who had been at WDW that was a youth large rather than an adult large.

Is this still possible? While not providing a shirt/clothes to bring home from the park, a person might find the sizes they need from this location.

Jan

Strmchsr
09-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Yes, you can still call WDW Merchandising at 877-560-6477

Janmac
09-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Thank you, Chris! :thumbsup:

Jan

minnie04
09-08-2014, 10:25 AM
I have found a lot of XXL and bigger at the outlet malls Disney store. My DH is a XXL and I always find him things and I like my stuff a little bigger so I have luck there too. I’m a large, but love an XL or XXL especially sweatshirts...I know they aren’t the most recent things that are selling in the parks, but who cares it’s Disney and if I can get it half price or less I’m fine with that. I just don't buy things with the year on them :mickey:

i'm grumpy
09-08-2014, 08:45 PM
I really don't understand it. I wear a XXL, but if it shrinks... And forget about the ladies skinny cut Ts. :mad:

disguy
09-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the continued suggestions everyone!