PDA

View Full Version : Oswald the Lucky Rabbit Is on His Way to Disney California Adventure Park

tinkwest
09-03-2014, 09:37 AM
from Disney Parks Blog:

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, one of Walt Disney’s earliest cartoon stars, has had a presence at Disney California Adventure park for the past couple of years, from those delightful rabbit ear hats to the Oswald ice cream sundaes at Clarabelle’s. Now, Oswald himself is set to come home to Disneyland Resort!

Oswald made his film debut September 5, 1927, in the cartoon short “Trolley Troubles.” Walt Disney went on to produce 26 Oswald the Lucky Rabbit shorts, before losing the rights to the character in 1928. It was that experience that inspired the creation of Mickey Mouse, and the rest as they say, is history. Oswald finally returned to the Disney family in 2006 and made his first Disney Parks appearance earlier this year at Tokyo DisneySea.

Later this month, you’ll finally be able to meet Oswald on Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure park. Just look for the lucky little rabbit strolling along the sunny side of the street, starting September 14!

Melanie
09-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Cannot wait to see him next month. I'll wait as long as it takes!!

Mickey'sGirl
09-03-2014, 12:52 PM
This would be our Anna and Elsa.

I told my youngest son about this yesterday and he is upset Oswald is not at WDW. ... yet! We would wait!!

rjmdds
09-03-2014, 06:39 PM
We are planning to use our brand new DVC membership at the Grand Californian next summer and this only makes me more excited. We've never been to DLR so this would be the cherry on top! Great news!

Lacy
09-10-2014, 09:17 PM
I cannot wait to meet Oswald on our trip in November!!! I have been hoping this would be announced at Disneyland since April when he debuted in Tokyo.