PDA

View Full Version : Holidays? Pop Warner? Parade? Trying to Pick a Weekend

mickeys_princess_mom
08-31-2014, 10:23 PM
Does anyone know exactly which Values the people from Pop Warner will occupy, and the exact dates that will be involved?...DH and I are going to try to squeeze in a 36th Anniversary/ Christmas trip, revolving around a weekend. We've been years ago at Thanksgiving, and I remember pretty good crowds... (Would only consider before or after, not actual day, prob...) Also looking at weekend of parade taping, and just trying to avoid MK that day. (Though I think I read that things are actually going on all three days?) DD has been that weekend and said it wasn't too bad. So do we hang on till the weekend of the 13th? Is there an advantage to doing so? How crazy would it be to arrive on New Year's Eve? I've heard New Year's Day is pretty crowded, and I kind of want that pre-Christmas feel...We are pretty much veterans at this, but the last trip we really felt like things were different now with all the FP stuff. On the crowded days, it was almost impossible to do ANYthing unless you had one. That's another post, and eventually I will get around to it. Would appreciate your recent experiences! It just means a lot to me to get a little dose of the Christmas Magic!

:wave: :santa:

Katzateer
09-01-2014, 09:13 AM
We like to go the first full week after Thanksgiving. If you are going a weekend they don't film on the weekends, As far as POP Warner not sure how weekends will be impacted. Some groups stay longer. The groups don't seem to all be there at the same time- I think it is by age. And lots of other championship cheer things going on. One group is older high school cheerleaders at an international championship. Talked to someone them at a bus stop. The girls and guys were from Australia and were well behaved.

Have a great anniversary trip and I hope you avoid the cheer and parade crowds.

VWL Mom
09-01-2014, 10:19 AM
ESPN WWoS is listing Pop Warner as December 6-13, 2014.

mickeys_princess_mom
09-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Thank you both! :wave: