PDA

View Full Version : Online Check In

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-29-2014, 04:46 PM
How far out can you do online check in? What is everyone's opinion on this?

Strmchsr
08-29-2014, 05:29 PM
60 days. It works well. Every time I've done it my room has been ready upon arrival as they try to accommodate your arrival time. I don't know of any disadvantage to it unless you need to ask a lot of questions at check-in or you're really picky about your room and might want to ask for something different. In that case PLEASE don't use the online check-in line. But if you're like us and just want to grab your keys and go it's perfect.

brownie
08-29-2014, 09:00 PM
60 days. It works well. Every time I've done it my room has been ready upon arrival as they try to accommodate your arrival time. I don't know of any disadvantage to it unless you need to ask a lot of questions at check-in or you're really picky about your room and might want to ask for something different. In that case PLEASE don't use the online check-in line. But if you're like us and just want to grab your keys and go it's perfect.

:ditto:

ransam
08-30-2014, 03:23 AM
It worked really well for us. very quick and efficient.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-31-2014, 01:46 PM
Okay thanks

Hammer
09-01-2014, 01:28 AM

The one disadvantage that I know of is you can only specify one credit card. If you want to link separate cards to each Magic Band, you need to check-in at the desk. My family links separate cards so we do not use online check-in.

BrerGnat
09-01-2014, 08:12 AM
The one disadvantage that I know of is you can only specify one credit card. If you want to link separate cards to each Magic Band, you need to check-in at the desk. My family links separate cards so we do not use online check-in.

Thanks for sharing this! I didn't know that was possible and it will come in very handy on my next trip down with my friend.

Hammer
09-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Thanks for sharing this! I didn't know that was possible and it will come in very handy on my next trip down with my friend.

Glad I could help, Natalie! Disney does not advertise that they will do this, but you can and have been able to it for years, even in the Keys to the World days. However, not all front desk staff know how to do this (showing a lack of consistent training). If you get a cast member who says it isn't possible, tell them you know it is and ask for a supervisor or manager. Also, after you each use your bands to charge something, go to the front desk the next time you are at your hotel (or at least the day before check out) and get a print out of your bill to make sure the charges are separated properly. It is much easier to fix prior to checkout.

Terra
09-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Just go back this morning from ASM.
Agree with everyone. We loved doing it. Especially with my 2 boys in tow. Just a quick stop at the online check in desk and off we went and we also had express check out. So nice!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-04-2014, 09:12 PM
Went ahead and did the online checkin. The only choice it gave was ground , lower or upper floor. We're not very picky but I would like to request a microwave, where would I do that?

brownie
09-05-2014, 07:38 PM
They have microwaves at the food courts.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Thanks

JabberJaws
09-07-2014, 07:30 PM
With online check-in, do you pay your remaining resort balance then, or would you still pay it at the resort. Reason I ask is we want to use our Disney Reward $$s to pay our remaining balance. Last time we stayed on property they inadvertently went ahead and charged the rest of our balance at check-in, automatically putting it on the card we booked with. I had to get them to refund the card so I could use my reward points.