PDA

View Full Version : Getting from DHS to Epcot for dinner

RBrooksC
08-29-2014, 12:50 PM
Ok, what is the fastest way to get from DHS to Epcot? We will have a car. Taking our car from lot to lot, taking the boat between parks or walking between the parks?

DonaldDuck1117
08-29-2014, 01:15 PM
You may want to consider taking your car and driving it across the street and parking at Disney's Boatdwalk then walking the rest of the way to Epcot. That way you will not have to worry about getting back to studios after and you won't have to fight the crowd existing the front of the park.

Strmchsr
08-29-2014, 03:20 PM
You may want to consider taking your car and driving it across the street and parking at Disney's Boatdwalk then walking the rest of the way to Epcot. That way you will not have to worry about getting back to studios after and you won't have to fight the crowd existing the front of the park.

That's only allowed if you have reservations at a Boardwalk restaurants or you're planning on eating at one of the CS places and then only for 3 hours. Boardwalk is not intended to be Epcot parking. It's frustrating for guests at Boardwalk to come back and not be able to find a parking spot.

Fastest way will be your own car, most likely. The boat between the parks isn't a bad ride, though, if you allow 25 or so minutes.

Capt_redshirt
08-29-2014, 03:47 PM
Ok, what is the fastest way to get from DHS to Epcot? We will have a car. Taking our car from lot to lot, taking the boat between parks or walking between the parks?

Car might be faster... i want to say the boat is a minimum of 45 mins if not alot longer.

VWL Mom
08-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Car might be faster... i want to say the boat is a minimum of 45 mins if not alot longer.

We just did the boat this week. The Capt said 20 minutes but it was closer to 25. Should add, the boat runs every 20 minutes.

Kairi_7378
08-29-2014, 04:10 PM
I would take the boat, personally, over walking. (Especially if you are eating in World Showcase.)

Maleficent_vf
08-29-2014, 05:59 PM
If it were me, I'd take the boat as far as Yacht/Beach Club and walk the rest of the way. Walking all the way can get kind of long (It is a lovely walk, though.) . The boats make three stops between DHS and Epcot, with Yacht/Beach Club being the middle stop.

Main Street Jim
08-29-2014, 11:27 PM
Ok, what is the fastest way to get from DHS to Epcot? We will have a car. Taking our car from lot to lot, taking the boat between parks or walking between the parks?Depends on where you're eating at in EPCOT.

Future World? I'd drive from the DHS parking lot to EPCOT's main parking lot.

World Showcase? Boat.

DizneyRox
08-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Walking is faster than the boat, unless you walk at a snails pace..

Start at Epcot walking towards the Beach Club, take your first left and head towards Boardwalk. At the boat dock, take a left towards the pool and walk through the pool area towards the Swan. All the way through to the walkway and another left towards MGM.

The last place you'll see the boat is the bridge between Beach Club and Boardwalk.

Opposite directions for your trip. The boat will beat you to the Swan, but then you won't see it anymore.

Capt_redshirt
08-30-2014, 05:44 PM
We just did the boat this week. The Capt said 20 minutes but it was closer to 25. Should add, the boat runs every 20 minutes.

true but im also adding the lines of people that are waiting to get on the boat to that time