PDA

View Full Version : Fab 4 @ BW Wednesday

kerry827
08-28-2014, 07:51 PM
Trip details:
Sat Aug 09 - Sat Aug 16 (driving days both Saturdays) 4 adults (3 Disney fanatics)

Wednesday Aug 13

Our marathon MK day!!!!

3 of us woke early super early to be to MK for opening show. (1 had a conference work call @ 9am BOOOO) so we left them behind. The dilemma was to bus or not to bus? Well, the bus was probably going to take some time and there was a VERY long line of people waiting so we opted to cab it over to the Poly where we had hoped to grab the monorail. Cab cost about $15 which seems stupid to pay BUT the morning show was a must do for us this trip. So, cab dropped us at Poly but the new monorail schedule indicated it was not yet making trips to MK. So grabbed the ferry. It deposited it us JUST in time to see opening ceremony. My husband’s first time seeing it. Thought it was VERY cute.

When we were allowed in we went opposite the crowd… it seemed everyone was racing to Fantasyland. We instead sauntered over to BTM and rode it 2x… little to no wait. Then SM 2x little to no wait. We then stopped for an oj and walked on Pirates waited a few minutes for Jungle cruise and decided to climb Swiss family bcz it had been years since we had done that. Lunch was @ the Harbor House for lobster rolls. Lobster delish… rolls too much bread. We also rode the train as we hadn’t done that in the fall due to it being closed. We also did some shopping along main street while we waited for our 4th. When he arrived starving we thought he could grab something quick in Cosmic Ray’s. WHAT A TERRIBLE CHOICE. It was a madhouse. Awful. I actually observed my 2nd guest/cast member fight in the ladies' room. Guest was just ripping the cast member who was diligently cleaning the restroom a new one for taking too long!!! UNREAL

We hit Buzz, People mover, & Carousel of Progress & caught the parade before we decided to head over to the Wilderness Lodge for a break. We took the beautiful ferry ride and caught the geyser erupting upon our arrival. (just for us LOL) Then we relaxed in that massive lobby til it was our ressie time @ Whispering Canyon. We all ordered the skillet. So much delicious meat!!! What was even nicer was the bottomless shakes ☺ The desserts were also super good. We left stuffed. We headed back to MK for Wishes and the electric parade. My husband and I secured seats right under the castle and enjoyed making friends with the people around us. We of course were amazed by the rudeness of people who wanted to push their way to where we were as the start times got closer. Again I don’t think I would have the patience to work there with these people!!!!

It felt like a private show for us we were so close. Afterwards we retreated back to Main Street for some shopping and then the really long standing room only bus back to BW. I was standing nearest the driver and had a very informative, enjoyable conversation with her. However, my travel partner encountered a very rude male passenger who actually made lewd comments to her & pulled her hair. When we disembarked our friend was so very upset. Even a passenger that was near to her apologized for that happening. And, that is just another reason why there should be more busses/less stops!!!!

Exhausted we were asleep before we hit the beds.

faline
08-28-2014, 08:59 PM
Wilderness Lodge is such a wonderful place - sounds like some fine dining was had by all there!!

BigRedDad
09-19-2014, 11:59 AM
Thank you for the trip report. We are headed to BWV in February. I made it a point after POR that I will never depend on WDW for transportation. It is too much of a headache that I don't need. We will walk to Epcot and DHS. We will drive to MK and AK.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Sorry about the rude people sounds nice otherwise