PDA

View Full Version : Fab 4 @ BW Tuesday

kerry827
08-28-2014, 07:26 PM
Trip details:
Sat Aug 09 - Sat Aug 16 (driving days both Saturdays) 4 adults (3 Disney fanatics)

Tues Aug 12

Up early to Epcot (Future World). Stopped by bakery for cinnamon buns (not for me as I don’t like them. The other 3 loved em) The walk from BW to International gateway is very pretty. Not too far although the ferry is of course an option as well. In Epcot we headed towards the front and this was another time of big giant “green” construction walls. I am supposing it was to set up for Food and Wine or something necessary and although it is not trip ruining it is really a bummer to see. Soarin & etc had long lines already so we jumped on SpaceShip Earth and sampled some Cokes. Afterwards we headed into Nemo. Afterwards it was time for our Chefs France ressie. Always a good meal. We were all very happy. For dessert we opted to stop in for ice cream in France as well. They make HANDS DOWN one of the best desserts I have ever had…. 3 of us ordered it: The French macaron chocolate ice cream sandwich. It just doesn’t get any better. Of course there was small glitch in mine as I found a long hair embedded in my ice cream BUT although super gross I traded them for a new one and it is so good I just blocked that memory out ☺ My husband ordered the brioche ice cream sandwich which was also very very delicious. After lunch/ice cream we chose to head back to the BW for some naps & a swim.

After everyone was well rested, we headed over to HS. We could have walked but we just didn’t feel like it, as it is longer walk than to Epcot. So, we hopped on the ferry. Ferry also stops & Swan/Dolphin & BC. In HS we went right to our fast pass for Toy Story. Standby line was 120 minutes. It boggles my mind who would wait that long. Anyway, we also had fast passes for Rock n Roller and later on we scored some ToT ones. We weren’t that hungry so we just grabbed something @ the ABC commissary. It was just ok although their carrot cake Olaf cupcake was amazing. Over the course of the night we also managed to squeeze in Star Tours. Just FYI ladies: be sure your purse is secure. One went loose during our ride and we came to a screeching halt. They had to reset the ride twice.

We decided to go to the late seating of Fantasmic so we found a nice bench to sit and people watch and watch the Frozen fireworks. This was one of the times on this trip that we witnessed terrible behavior by guests in the park. Minh, the hard working cast member, was nicely and efficiently directing traffic right in front of us. He had one simple request: Stay to the right. (I don’t see why BUT clearly that is the traffic pattern they wanted) He must have said and indicated it with arm motions no less than 100 times. 2 women (one with a carriage) walked directly into him. They saw him but were just ignoring him. He had to jump out of the way of the carriage but the lady actually HIT THE CAST MEMBER with her arm (like a body check) When Minh repeated stay to the right BOTH women starting screaming at him and causing such a ruckus. It was unbelievable. We were VERY impressed with the cast member’s patience as I think I would have knocked her out. I subsequently spoke with who looked to be his supervisor & followed up with an email as he really should be commended. I only wish there was something Disney would have done to the guest. But I guess Karma will get her.

That scene definitely made the time fly though and before we knew it we were delighted by the Frozen stageshow/fireworks. Our suggestion: not necessary to sit by stage. You can see just fine on all the screens they have set up AND the fireworks are best seen to the left of the stage in front of American Idol. We didn’t sit there…we sat closer to Fantasmic and still heard and saw just fine.

Fantasmic was just as awesome as it always is. The walk to the theater stinks after walking all day but worth it. After Fantasmic we hopped a ferry back to our resort BUT opted to disembark @ Swan as it was a closer walking distance to our room than the BW dock.

A LONG EXHAUSTING but fun day!!!

faline
08-28-2014, 07:35 PM
Glad you had such a nice day!