PDA

View Full Version : Fab 4 @ BW Monday

kerry827
08-28-2014, 04:10 PM
Trip details:
Sat Aug 09 - Sat Aug 16 (driving days both Saturdays) 4 adults (3 Disney fanatics)

Mon Aug 11

Up super early to pack and relocate… check out and drive to Boardwalk was fun… made us feel like vacation was just beginning ☺ First impression of Boardwalk? BEAUTIFUL and massive. It was abt 8:00am when we unloaded our bags at the lobby front door and….. our room was READY!! So exciting. After unloading we chose to self park our vehicle. Self park is a bit far from the actual resort but definitely walkeable for most.

Our room was just as beautiful. We had 1br villa on first floor. (room 1002) and our view was of the waterway and the Swan. Room far from elevators and lobby BUT very close (by side entrances) to boardwalk & swan. Also not to far from pool. Room right by Jelly Rolls… never heard a peep! The room itself was HUGE lots of space to relax and spread out. Bigger than most apartments.

After unpacking we explored our resort and grabbed the bus to MK. Bus is the only direct Disney transportation to MK. Bus was there after just a short wait…. What was disappointing was the amount of stops we made. BW shares MK route with Swan, Dolphin, & Beachclub which makes for VERY crowded busses. It was a solid 35 minutes to MK.

At MK we had no trouble using our bands for both entry and fast passes. We had alrdy preselected 3 for that morning before our lunch ressie @ BOG. We hit Big Thunder, Space Mountain, & Peter Pan along with a few others before our early lunch. Before we ate we hooked up additional fastpass. Kiosks were readily found BUT at times the lines were super long. Lunch @ BOG was good. Small ordering glitch but overall it was fine. Food is ok but the beauty of the rooms is really why we go. After lunch we headed back out to finish off some Fastpasses. Mine train was ok. Ride is very smooth but very short. Don’t imagine I would blow a Fast Pass on it. Also hit Haunted House and couple others before we headed to browse (out of the heat) around Main Street.

About 5 we ferried our way over to Poly. I must say I was SHOCKED. Poly has always been one of our faves and although I knew it was under construction I was totally floored by how dismal it looked. I bet it will be great when it is done but now it is sad looking. We had dining res @ Ohana which was the same as always. DELICIOUS! It was probably our best meal of the trip. After dinner we would have loved to lounge around the lobby relaxing but there really isn’t that much space for relaxing. We instead took the monorail over to the Contemp & hung out in the comfy chairs in the lounge outside of Chef Mickey. We people watched and relaxed(1 of us snoozed) until our PIRATE fireworks cruise. We headed down to the waiting area at the Contemp where we were given our bandanas and instructed by pirate Julie how the night would work. You need reservations for this and there is an additional fee but really it’s worth the different vantage point you see Wishes from…the water!!!

Before you set sail, you have about 30 mins to hang around a snack/dessert party and take pics with Smee & Hook. We were still stuffed from dinner so didn’t take part in much snacks. However, we were encouraged to take packaged snacks for later. The snack/dessert part was ok… they had various frozen treats, tea, lemonade, coffee, yummy cold coins, 2 kinds of cake, fruit, cotton candy & prepackaged pretzels. After a bit of time with the characters, the hosts of the evening (more pirates!!) led us to the loading dock & away we sailed. We watched the electric water parade and were entertained by our skipper. VERY funny. He was great with the kids. He interacted with everyone and made sure each kid received a prize. Then the main event…. WISHES!! Our boat anchored and the music started and we watched the entire thing from our boat. JUST SO MAGICAL. After Wishes we sailed back to Contemp where a special guest was waiting to pose with us!! (not giving away who ☺ )

After our sea adventure we were exhausted from such a great day and headed back via monorail and a VERY CROWDED MK bus to the boardwalk.