PDA

View Full Version : Which building/rooms should I request at the BWV (preferred)?

BJSforVols
08-28-2014, 12:00 PM
We have a 1 bedroom villa (preferred view) at the BWV reserved, and I just learned we can request a specific area. (I realize it is not guaranteed but yet something Disney will try to honor if possible.)

Understanding the resort is spread out, which section of the preferred villas is best to request? Are there advantages to being located in one area over the other area?

BJSforVols
08-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Any Help?

VWL Mom
08-28-2014, 05:41 PM
Are you staying on points or cash?

BJSforVols
08-28-2014, 09:56 PM
Are you staying on points or cash?

Points. Why does that matter?

VWL Mom
08-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Points. Why does that matter?

Categories and views are different for DVC and cash.

For DVC preferred you'll either overlook the end gardens, the quiet pool, the Luna Park pool, or the boardwalk courtyard. If you're looking to be closest to the elevators and lobby you probably want the BW courtyard or Luna pool, some people find these a bit loud but they are the most convenient. We stayed BW and had no problem with the noise. The quiet pool area is very pretty but is far from the elevators. If you're fine with stairs you could request quiet pool near exit. The end near Atlantic Dance Hall would probably be my last choice, just to far out of the way IMO.

BJSforVols
08-29-2014, 09:03 AM
You indicate the Atlantic Dance hall end is your last recommendation. Are there not advantages due to the proximity to DHS and/or Dolphin/Swan restaurants for that end? Are the benefits for this outweighed by the pros for the other sections you mentioned?

VWL Mom
08-29-2014, 09:56 AM
While it would be closer to the Swan/Dolphin bridge it is further from DHS. The quiet pool area would be the closest to DHS if you were to use the steps and exit. I also thought the ADH area to have more truck and dumpster noise in the morning. Again, my recommendations were based on my opinion.

BJSforVols
08-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Thanks VWL mom. Your opinions have been helpful!