PDA

View Full Version : Live from Old Key West

Through the looking Glass
08-27-2014, 09:53 AM
This will be short... Here now, of course hot. Sunday at MK very busy. Fast passes were a blessing. Ate at CP usual morning buffet. Good interaction, always a pleasure to have breakfast here. Did dinner at Trails End for the first time.. Limited menu but it was a buffet and we ate a lot..
Monday Ak.. Great day. Lowest crowds here we have ever seen... walked on almost every ride with no waits. Son did EE three times. Nice breeze so wasn't so hot..
Tuesday Wife and kids went to BB. Said it was a lil crowded but not to bad. My bro and I wandered Epcot. Had a nice lunch and a few beers.. Didn't do any rides do to the family headed there today.
So here was the fun stuff.. The room at OKW was originally just across the street from the head house. Had to have that changed due to the noise of busses and lack of parking. Moved to room 2112. Very nice room, clean, and a lovey view of the golf course and fountain. Tuesday wind was blowing towards the room and the Golf balls started to arrive. Three hit our porch, one while I was sitting there. Collected balls and headed to talk to mgr. Mgr wanted to change our room to the original area we were slated to stay. I said that's ok we will stay where we are just inform the Golf course of whats happening. She then gave us a 150$ food credit to our account. I thought that was so nice.
And to all the fans of the band Rush. Room 2112 is cool. Of course had to play the song while moving in.

faline
08-27-2014, 10:00 AM
Glad you're enjoying your stay! We've stayed a couple of time in the area right across from Hospitality House and love staying there. Perhaps, we've been fortunate but bus noise has never been a problem for us in that location. Ducking flying golf balls would not be my favorite activity!!

vizsla
08-28-2014, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the report.

VWL Mom
08-28-2014, 07:28 AM
Just got back last night from OKW #2315. Didn't have any issues with golf balls but did have the attack of the egrets each morning. Last guests must have been feeding them because almost 40 of them surrounded the patio and just kept looking in. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

emerzmom
08-28-2014, 06:15 PM
I stayed near the golf course at OKW. We were near a tee so we didn't have any real issues with golf balls coming at us.
Wishing I was at WDW!
:tink:
Julie

Through the looking Glass
08-28-2014, 09:45 PM
No golf balls for the past two days.:golf: A golfer said it must have been the wind. It was blowing hard on that day.

Yesterday and today spent a EPCOT. Crowds very light both days. I think this has become our favorite park. Great family pictures, fun shopping, and Illuminations from the Rose & Crown patio. If you haven't done this it is well worth it. Boddington pints:beer: and wine while watching the show is great.

Went to the Hoop De Doo show tonight. It has become a family tradition to go to the show. Six bits was great even adding a lil Frozen to his act that made the other players crack up.

The bus ride back to OKW was fun too. Bout 25 of us on the bus:thumbsup: singing Disney songs back to the resort. Best Bus Ride ever.

faline
08-29-2014, 07:11 AM
Have been a big fan of Hoop De Doo since I first saw it many years ago. We don't go every trip but still enjoy it when we do go. Love bus rides like the one you described!! Glad to hear the onslaught of golf balls has ceased!

Mickey'sGirl
08-29-2014, 08:08 AM
And to all the fans of the band Rush. Room 2112 is cool. Of course had to play the song while moving in.
This Toronto girl appreciates the information! :rocker:I love OKW. We'll be staying there for a few days at Christmas.

Glad to read that the golf balls stopped landing on you!