PDA

View Full Version : Swan and Dolphin

Catzle
08-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Thoughts? I hear they give teacher discounts? What kind of ID do you need? Does Magical Express go here? Bus to water parks?

Kenny1113
08-26-2014, 09:58 PM
It is nice, Especially for the rate, to be in walking distance of EPCOT.

I believe you have to show a pay stub. I don't remember if I brought a pay stub or my work badge for RN discount.

Fangorn
08-26-2014, 10:06 PM
Yes there is a teacher rate. Generally a very nice one too. They recommend having an id from your school or a check stub to use as identification, but the times we've used the teacher rate, they never asked for any proof. Magical Express is not an option for S&D guests. The regular Disney transportation buses stop at S&D along with the other Epcot resorts: Yacht Club, Beach Club and Boardwalk Inn.

Steve

ransam
08-30-2014, 03:25 AM
That is excellent that they provide that for teachers.

epceddie
09-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Yeah, but they zap you with a $23 daily resort fee and if you have a car, they also charge you to park there. The drink prices at the bars are some of the highest at Disney and it costs $26 to valet park.

SBETigg
09-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Yeah, but they zap you with a $23 daily resort fee and if you have a car, they also charge you to park there. The drink prices at the bars are some of the highest at Disney and it costs $26 to valet park.

But overall, it's still a great price for the location, and usually less expensive than the Disney Epcot hotels. Lacking some charm, for some, but great location. Is it a $23 daily fee now? It was $12 or $14 when I was there last, or at least when I paid attention to it. The drink prices were not any more expensive than other Disney venues, or so I found, and I did pay attention to those.